Dampened Brutality

Dampened Brutality

A poem of love to our Earth
2

Greens, browns, soaked by

the rain.

Silent life is given to

Earth again through

gentle tears from the sky.

Blue, pink, brightened by

the rays.

The singing melody of nature resumes

and welcomes the buds to

join in.

Reds, turquoises, the fairies of our

air are back.

Broken from their cocoons, starting

anew, wearing the

colors of life.

Damp, squishy, the ground soaks

in new life.

Moistened by the tears of

life, showing us that

there is still hope.

Thawing, unfrozen, we are

awoken from our slumber.

Dazed and blinking, we emerge

restored, new, and astounded

by the beauty around us.

Fresh, new, our amazement

continues through the ages.

We respect, are kind, and

loving towards our Earth as we

care for it.

Tortured, ruined, our ancestors

damaged our Earth.

It will never be

the same, always engraved in

her history.

Nurture, caring, we strive to

end the cruelty.

We can never fully recover from the

brutality caused havoc here, but we can

help to repair and to help her

move forward.

Forgiving, kind, our Earth will

never let us down.

Her kindness wants us to be

here, to live, to thrive, to love.

Shouldn't we give that all back to her?

Cover Image Credit: Loren Jones

I'm A Woman And You Can't Convince Me Breastfeeding In Public Is OK In 2019

Sorry, not sorry.

51430

Lately, I have seen so many people going off on social media about how people shouldn't be upset with mothers breastfeeding in public. You know what? I disagree.

There's a huge difference between being modest while breastfeeding and just being straight up careless, trashy and disrespectful to those around you. Why don't you try popping out a boob without a baby attached to it and see how long it takes for you to get arrested for public indecency? Strange how that works, right?

So many people talking about it bring up the point of how we shouldn't "sexualize" breastfeeding and seeing a woman's breasts while doing so. Actually, all of these people are missing the point. It's not sexual, it's just purely immodest and disrespectful.

If you see a girl in a shirt cut too low, you call her a slut. If you see a celebrity post a nude photo, you call them immodest and a terrible role model. What makes you think that pulling out a breast in the middle of public is different, regardless of what you're doing with it?

If I'm eating in a restaurant, I would be disgusted if the person at the table next to me had their bare feet out while they were eating. It's just not appropriate. Neither is pulling out your breast for the entire general public to see.

Nobody asked you to put a blanket over your kid's head to feed them. Nobody asked you to go feed them in a dirty bathroom. But you don't need to basically be topless to feed your kid. Growing up, I watched my mom feed my younger siblings in public. She never shied away from it, but the way she did it was always tasteful and never drew attention. She would cover herself up while doing it. She would make sure that nothing inappropriate could be seen. She was lowkey about it.

Mindblowing, right? Wait, you can actually breastfeed in public and not have to show everyone what you're doing? What a revolutionary idea!

There is nothing wrong with feeding your baby. It's something you need to do, it's a part of life. But there is definitely something wrong with thinking it's fine to expose yourself to the entire world while doing it. Nobody wants to see it. Nobody cares if you're feeding your kid. Nobody cares if you're trying to make some sort of weird "feminist" statement by showing them your boobs.

Cover up. Be modest. Be mindful. Be respectful. Don't want to see my boobs? Good, I don't want to see yours either. Hard to believe, I know.