Daily Acts Of Kindness Are The Key To Happiness

If you feel down, opening doors for people in public places makes you feel good in return.

201
Unsplash

We all have felt down and desolate on those gloomy days when nothing goes our way. You might have lost your job, flunked a class, lost your boyfriend, chipped your nail, or lost your best friend. The reality is, you don't need a therapist, and I'm probably not going to be your personal therapist either. Spend some time by yourself and discover potential solutions to your problem.

While you are at it, continue your journey through these five situations below by considering your role as a Maverick – looking through life through a colorful lens.

Volunteering is relaxing for your mind and a cure to the good ol' blues.

For instance, it might be beneficial to volunteer in old care homes. To feel good about humanity and altruistic deeds, you should give away money to charities without feeling that you had to spend it in the first place. Simply said, these acts of kindness might help you cope from depressive moods or gloomy days, making you feel proud and more relaxed than ever.

This brings me to this question: Why is volunteering so relaxing?

The answer is right here. As studies have shown, philanthropy, and helping in general, recycles out negative thoughts and filters out various kind of happiness chemicals including dopamine, endorphins, which allow people to feel elated, often leading to euphoria and oxytocin. Lastly, if one also contributes to random acts of kindness they can feel great.

Random acts of kindness keep you in the spotlight.

If you feel down, opening doors for people in public places makes you feel good in return. Although people are strangers you may not ever recognize, keep in mind that opening the door for someone else will more likely do you a good deed than a bad one. People won't notice who you are, but every tiny act of kindness will right justify your position in society.

In other words, what you get is what you reap, even with your family.

Parents are your true wallpaper flowers.

Never fail to congratulate your parents for being there for you since day one. For instance, if they funded your college tuition or even paid for some of the things you like, they should be your number one priority to be thankful for in reality. So, please be grateful you attend college and that your parents funded your education.

You need to appreciate those who support you, as cliché as that sounds. Although parents are important, you should care for your friends too.

The perks of having a good friend is 110 percent better than one who neglects you.

Most importantly, if you ever come across a friend who gives you any recognition, remember to always be true with them. Sometimes it's really hard, but tell them how you feel. Tell them how hurt you feel over being rejected over an internship or this cute guy you met over the break.

Maybe they have felt rejection too. However, bottling our emotions can change others opinions of us and cause real damage to existing relationships. That said, it's better to take consequences for your action than being the picket liar over the fence. But, the real question is why would I lie when I can thank others?

Is saying thank you really that hard?

There is nothing better than saying " thank you" to your friend, family, leader, or acquaintance. Appreciate their daily tasks with a simple " thank you." Friends are very sweet when it comes to giving. Remember the time when your friend sent you that $100 Zara gift card? Wouldn't you give her the love back? The answer to lies here--You would thank her. In return, repaying her back would be the correct way to express gratuity.

Once you put others ahead of you, so to speak, life will never be " black and white." You might actually invest some time in being a " real" person who wants the best for others. At that point, life might just turn out to be a colorful paradise where kindness is your new best friend.

Once you are done reading this article, please take a moment to reconsider your own acts of kindness by letting others know how important it is for us to be there for them!