15 Times My Dad's Text Messages Made My Day

We know who the jokester is in this family.

581
Sandy Faletto
Sandy Faletto

Being six hours away from home for the past year, I have found myself not only FaceTiming but also texting my family a lot more than normal. Even if it is something so small, like a picture of my stir-fry at the dining hall just so my dad can recreate it when I come home, my family never fails to make me smile and feel so grateful to have such amazing and supportive people in my life.

Now, my dad, in particular, has become pretty witty with his replies lately and I decided to save the ones that made me laugh the most. Dad, thanks for always making me laugh, and sometimes even cry a little from time to time...it truly makes my day.

1.

I saw this one coming. My dad likes to pull this card A LOT. Going to a college out-of-state definitely has its drawbacks!

2.

I was NOT expecting this one. He sure does know how to make my morning a funny one.

3.

It's texts like this where I find myself running down to the lobby of my dorm to check my mailbox for the surprise care packages.

4. 

From anniversaries to birthdays, he is always one step ahead in reminding my brother and me about those important dates.

5. 

Sending the hotel confirmation email for when he comes to visit will never get old.

6. 

Not sure if this was one of the times where he was trying to make me miss home cooked meals or not, but either way, my dad is notorious for his cooking.

7.

Yes, yes I do dad. Thank you for the reassurance!

8.

I think this one tops them all. I remember laughing out loud when I got this text in my family group chat. No, he does not watch "The Bachelor." Yes, he did a little research so he could impress us and make us laugh. It worked.

9.

Of course! The perfect Halloween text. I love how he never fails to find those hidden gems in the old photo albums.

10.

Thanks Dad for all the reminders about when our favorite award shows air!

11.

Good try dad! I know you way too well. "Been working on it for weeks" hahah c'mon! Only about 10 minutes ago you made a trip to Panera!

12.

Sad that I couldn't be home for his birthday this year, but I love the humble reply.

13.

Ouch! I was just trying to convince him to get us a dog...

14.

Is it just my dad or do all dad's send weather updates to their kids? Not to mention, this was followed up by a picture of his feet covered in the grass after what he would call a "successful" lawn mowing session.

15. 

You got that right.