4 Signs You're The Dad Of Your Friend Group

Papa didn't raise no fool when it comes to you.
48

Everyone is always talking about being the mom of the group, but let's not forget about the dads. We all have that one friend in your group that knows how to fix things and isn't afraid to kill any sort of critter that might appear in your home. It’s a well-known fact that I am that friend in my group. Many times, I have been called on to do things that your dad typically does when you're in the comfort of your own home. Here’s how you can tell if you're the “dad” of your gal squad as well.

1. You're Mrs. Fix It

If there’s a handyman (or should I say handywoman) problem, your friends call on you to help them out. Whether it’s fixing someone's bed or figuring out how to get a door unhinged, you’re the one they call. You might not know what all the tools in your toolbox are called, but it doesn’t mean you don't know how to get sh*t done with them.

2. No one needs AAA when you're around

Sure, you might not be able to build up a full engine or anything, but if there is some sort of car trouble, you seem to know what will help. Your friends might call on you to replace their coolant or perhaps ask your opinion on why their car is making a specific noise. Whenever this happens, you mentally thank your dad for teaching you how to do these tasks or acknowledge that the show Top Gear has taught you more than you thought.

3. You're totally cool about critters

You're pretty much able to do away with any sort of bug that might be infesting your home. No points will be deducted if you can’t deal with spiders though because let’s be real, they're the worst. If you're ever hanging out with your pals and there's a critter crawling up a wall or chilling on your friend's arm, you keep your cool and get that thing on a paper towel. No matter if it’s a cockroach in your living room or wasps in your friend's gas tank, you can always save the day.

4. You're pretty much a certified mechanic

If you're really the dad of the group, you do well under pressure, and when things need to be fixed, your friends can always turn to you. If one of your friends has bike trouble, you're not going to let her take it to the bike store because you know you can fix it yourself. Not to worry: you’ll have that bike chain fixed in no time.

If you can do all of these things, you're most likely the dad of your group! Congrats. With that title there comes a lot of responsibility, but I’m sure you can handle it. After all, Papa didn't raise no fool when it comes to you.

Big shout out to Mr. Jan for teaching me all the things I never knew I would need to know. You rock.