You should cut your hair

If You Were Looking For A Sign To Cut Your Hair, This Is It

Do it.

141

It might sound weird to have a whole article dedicated to your hair, but who said I was normal? Plus, I'm sure there are a lot of you gals out there who're just like me. Wanting to cut your hair, but not knowing if you should. Wanting a change, but not wanting something so drastic you'll regret it after the first snip.

Well, I'm here to tell you this: Do it.

I cut my hair sometime in August or September (I can't even remember), and I've absolutely loved it ever since.

I grew up with fairly thick, long, black hair. It's all I've ever known. I went through a few… "rough patches" aka my mom forced me to cut my hair my sophomore year of high school and it looked terrible and I was lowkey pissed at her for, like, ever. I call that school year as the year of beanies and strategically placed headbands.

However, that's beside the point. The point is that over time, I realized how closed minded I had been. Short hair isn't the enemy, it's our friend.

I grew my hair out to the length I wanted it my senior year of high school, then, on a whim, I chopped it all off. Straight to shoulder length. I loved it. At least at first. Then, I soon regretted it and missed my long, pretty hair again.

After growing it back out, I noticed a lot of long-haired girls started cutting their hair short again. It looked good on them, too! And, I figured, "Hey, it's my senior year of college now. I'm a lot older, and it's been a few years. I'm ready for a change. It's just hair! It'll grow back."

So, I did it. I chopped it all off. Over time, it'd grow back and I'd just end up cutting it. My hair lady hates me for it.

Now, I'm at shoulder length. Is it a little too short? Maybe. But like I said, it's just hair. It'll grow back (and I'll probably end up cutting it again).

At the end of the day, life's too short to not take risks. And I'm so freaking glad I took this risk again because I've never been more in love with my hair than right now.