9 Curly Hair Products Your Locks Are Sure To Love

Say hello to bouncy curls and goodbye to tangled frizz!

19

After nearly 17 years of detangling my 3A curls, I finally have a list of products that actually work! While different hair types may gravitate towards more hydrating or more holding products, here are a few products that I have repurchased multiple times simply because of their dependability and assurance that I will get glossy defined curls with every use!

MY STATS:

Curl type: 3A / 3B
Hair porosity: High
Length: Little below shoulder
Number of times I wash my hair: Twice a week

1. OGX Argan Oil of Morocco Conditioner — $7.99

This product is the OG! Traditionally a conditioner, I prefer to use this as a leave in, and it conditions my curls for days! Not only does this leave your hair feeling hydrated, it is also not too pricey at $7.99 for 13.0 ounces. You can start your hydration routine by buying this product here.

2. Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Shine Hair Masque — $13.99

This is a great masque to use after shampoo and conditioner. I apply a hair mask every time I wash my hair, but if your hair does not need as much moisture, you can even use it every two weeks or once a month. This makes your hair super soft and leaves it amazingly nourished. You can purchase this softening masque here.

3. Miss Jessie's Pillow Soft Curls — $22

I'm kind of afraid of putting this product on here, because I know that once you try it out, you'll never go back. Guess I'm going to have to get used to this being out of stock... This is the MOST EPIC styler there is out there and has helped me achieve Instagram level curls in terms of shine and hold. People also constantly come up to me and tell me how much my hair smells like deep sleep, and I am here for it!

You can find this product here, but do me a favor and not order too much of it cause this girl needs her curls to pop too, okay?

4. Moroccanoil Treatment — $34

If your hair is really craving that extra moisture and protection from heat, you can use this product as a styler or a generic hair oil for blowdrying etc. I use this product to tame flyaways and add luminosity to my curls! You can purchase this oil here.

5. Shea Moisture Mongongo And Hemp Seed Oils High Porosity Moisture — Seal Co-Wash — $11.89

If you have high porosity hair like me, this product is a life saver! I use it to refresh my curls about three to four days into my wash week. This product does not completely strip your hair of oils, but takes away dirt and adds shine back into your hair. If you're looking for a co-wash, you can get yours here.

6. Shea Moisture Mongongo and Hemp Seed Oils High Porosity Moisture-Seal Styling Gel — $11.99

My favorite gel ever! Another product from Shea Moisture's High Porosity range, this gel goes hand in hand with the cowash above. Not crunchy or sticky, this gel had the best hold and definition without any flaking! This gel can be found here.

7. Garnier Fructis Smoothing Treat 1 Minute Avocado Mask — $4

If you're not about to spend $30 on a hair mask, this is a curl-friendly option you can find at your local Walmart or Target for only $4! These masks are extremely softening and nourishing on the hair, even if you only leave it on for a minute. Now, even your hair can join in on the avocado trend. Purchase this mask here.

8. Carol's Daughter Almond Milk Sulfate Free Shampoo — $10

Have you been straightener-happy the past few months (or years)? If you have extremely heat damaged hair or have had many treatments in the past, this shampoo is for you. Tender and gentle on near fried hair, it helps restore your hair to its original happy, curly state. Best part? It's only $10, and can be found here.

9. Briogeo Rosarco Milk Leave In Conditioning Spray — $20

Is your hair looking frizzy and dry but you have five minutes to get out the door? This spray has your back. Just lightly mist it all over the frizzy sections and gently run the product through your hair with your fingers. Voila! Back to perfect curls. You can buy this product here.