7 Things People With Curly Hair Know They Should NEVER Do​

7 Things Everyone With Curly Hair Knows They Should Absolutely NEVER Do

Beware! Doing these actions will result in intense frizz.

257

You've researched and researched and you think you have a solid list of what you should do with your hair. But, has anyone told you what you should avoid? It is just as important as what you should do. Here is a comprehensive list of everything to avoid.

Don't sleep with unprotected hair.

@ninaa_charlot

Sleeping can ruin curls! Protect them with a satin bonnet, scarf, or pillowcase! This will save your hair from damage and you won't have to do handle your hair as much in the morning.

Don't wash your hair everyday.

@metime.ir

Curly hair needs natural oils to be its best. Washing too frequently strips the hair of moisture and results in some serious frizz. Personally, I wash my hair once or twice a week.

Don't dry your hair with a towel.

@poseyskincare

The rough fibers from a regular towel can cause hair breakage! Dry your hair using a microfiber towel or just an old cotton T-shirt for the best results.

Don't use harsh chemicals.

@kurleebelle

Your hair needs moisture to look amazing. Using harsh chemicals can take away moisture. For example, sulfates are in a lot of shampoos.

This is a harsh detergent that strips your hair. Avoiding it may help your hair. Check the ingredients in your products!

Don't overuse products.

@curlsby.m

An important step is finding what stylers work for your hair. However, overusing products can weigh down your hair! Try to find a balance between curl definition and volume.

Don't brush your hair when it's dry.

@beautysaleslp

This one may seem a bit obvious, but I have seen it be done. Your hair should only be detangled while wet or damp. You can use a brush, a wide tooth comb, or simply, your fingers.

Don't get discouraged.

@curly_hair_style_

Finding out exactly what works for your hair is a long process. Give yourself time to try new things. Good luck!