How To Treat And Cure A Cold In College

5 Ways To Treat Your Dreaded College Sickness, Fast

Not gonna lie, I don't really like the taste of turmeric powder mixed in milk but whenever I drink it, it works like magic.

60

Basically, everyone I know is sick right now. It is officially sick season! Here are five easy things that I do when I am sick to get better faster.

1. SLEEP

This is the most important! I know that in college there are times when it gets hard to sleep but it is really important you get at least 7 hours of sleep, especially when you are sick. If you are sick I would even suggest skipping a lecture so you can sleep in. Your primary goal should be to get better faster. You can always ask a friend for notes or go to office hours if you don't understand something.

2. Drink hot tea

When I was sick earlier this year, I was at Panera buying honey ginger green tea multiple times a day. It really soothes your throat and the warmth is so comforting. Honey and ginger are especially a really good combination when you are sick. It doesn't matter if the tea is decaffeinated or caffeinated.

3. Have milk mixed with turmeric powder

Turmeric is known to have a lot of healing powers. Not gonna lie, I don't really like the taste of turmeric powder mixed in milk but whenever I drink it, it works like magic.

4. Watch TV

Treat yourself while you are sick. Anything to make you feel better. I love to watch movies if I am sick. But careful though, sometimes when I watch a movie while I am sick I get a bad headache afterward.

5. Stay hygienic

This one is kind of a no-brainer, but stay as clean as you can when sick. It'll help you get better faster. Keep hand sanitizer with you if you go out or just beside your bed so you don't have to wash your hands each time you throw out a tissue. I also own a disinfectant spray which kind of works like air freshener but instead it is disinfectant. It is an easy way to keep things germ-free without requiring much work. It smells weird but I definitely recommend keeping one in your room and cleaning (just basic) then spraying your room every day.