Tis’ The Season To Be Cuffed—Or Get Uncuffed

This actually might be the worst time of the year to be single. However, it doesn't have to be all that bad!

160

This is probably my absolute favorite season ever. And I'm sure a lot of you reading this can agree with me.

What's not to love? Christmas music 24/7, beautiful lights and decorations, gift-giving, quality time with your loved one—maybe even a special someone for some of us.

I won't sugar coat it. The holidays are much better when you have someone to kiss under the mistletoe.

A lot of my friends have unfortunately gotten themselves uncuffed—which is totally okay. I personally don't think it's right to stay with someone if you know deep down it isn't going to work out in the long run. Sure, it sucks that you're breaking up during such a jolly time of the year, but so what?

It's great to have someone to spend Christmas with, but even if you don't have that special someone, you have many other "special someones" aka your family and friends.

All that truly matters is the people who love and support you. Use this holiday season to think about not only yourself but others. Spoil your mom, treat your dad. Go to Christmas-themed events with your friends! Couple pictures aren't the only things that look cute on Instagram. As a matter of fact, my high school group of friends and I dressed up one year in matching Santa-esque outfits and took a picture with Santa at one of our local malls.

I don't expect you to go all out, but feel free to. Just remember, my single ladies and gents, the holidays don't have to be so lonely. You're always surrounded with people who love you!