9 Vegan-Friendly Dishes To Try Out This Thanksgiving

The holiday doesn't have to be revolved around turkey!

20

Obviously, the best part about Thanksgiving is the mountains of food piled up on the dining room table. Most people usually think of the main meal as turkey, or some kind of meat depending on what your specific family prefers.

In recent years, stores have been coming out with vegetarian options for those who want to refrain from animal consumption during the holiday, including the famous Tofurkey roast. However, most people assume that a Thanksgiving feast almost strictly includes animal products: stuffing, casserole, buttered mashed potatoes.

If you'll be having a vegetarian/vegan guest this holiday, or if you're just looking for some alternative options to reduce your carbon footprint, there are a ton of delicious alternatives for anyone who wants to celebrate Thanksgiving without harming the planet.

1. Plant-Based Mac & Cheese

Who can say no to any form of pasta? This vegan spin on the classic macaroni and cheese will make you question why you ever settled for Kraft.

2. Dairy-Free Mashed Potatoes

No one wants to miss out on the glory of mashed potatoes. Thankfully, you don't need dairy to make a deliciously creamy bucket of the golden goodness.

3. Roasted Brussel Sprouts

i.makeagif.com

These brussel sprouts have an extra kick to lighten the burden of having to consume something healthy during dinner.

4. Buffalo Cauliflower Wings

Even though it may not seen like a traditional Thanksgiving staple, these wings are worth adding to the list.

5. Cruelty-Free Stuffing

This meatless stuffing will surely give you something to be thankful for.

6. Butter-Free Biscuits

media1.tenor.com

No Thanksgiving is complete without some kind of bread, and these warm biscuits are the perfect way to get your carb-fix.

7. Sweet Potato Salad

I know no one ever really wants a salad, but this sweet-potato and tempeh mix will add a little flavor to the unfortunate task of eating vegetables.

8. Peanut Butter Pie

Of course, the classic dessert during Thanksgiving is pumpkin pie, but who is going to argue with having a little more peanut butter in their lives? This no-bake recipe is easy to make and even easier to eat in one sitting.

9. Edible Cookie Dough

You can't settle for just one dessert this Thanksgiving. Live out your childhood fantasy of eating cookie-dough by the spoon without the risk of salmonella.

Adding animal-free options to your Thanksgiving doesn't always have to mean sadly slapping some green beans onto your plate. There are so many ways to incorporate vegan dishes into your holiday, and all of them can be just as delicious as your "normal" treats. I mean, who will be opposed to more types of potatoes?