Why Hire A Criminal Lawyer?

Why Hire A Criminal Lawyer?

Here is what you need to know!

11
criminal law

When we are talking about criminal law, there are usually two types of criminal lawyers :

• A criminal defense lawyer
  • A prosecutor

Criminal lawyers, also known as criminal defense attorneys, are professionals who specialize in defending individuals, companies, or organizations that have been charged with criminal activity.

You need a criminal defense attorney to fight all these different types of cases. They will help you protect your rights, guard your interests and fight for your cause.

Crimes Are In General Separated Into Four Different Categories:

1. Inchoate offenses: In the literal meaning, "inchoate” means incomplete or unfinished. They are preliminary crimes and considered incomplete crimes that prepare or seekto carry out another offence. The most prevalent illustration of an inchoate offence can be defined by using the term “attempt.”
  1. Strict liability offenses: According to criminal law, strict liability offenses are crimes where the accused is liable for committing a crime despite the intent of the crime or the mental condition when committing it.
  1. Felonies: These involve serious offenses that have greater punishment imposed. They are usually punished by jail terms not less than a year or the death penalty.
  1. Misdemeanors: These are crimes that carry less severe punishment in comparison to a felony. These minor offenses are usually punishable by a fine or light jail term.

What Are The Situations They Can Help You In?

Here are the different types of cases Phoenix criminal defense lawyer deal with:

1. Drug abuse cases: These violations involve unlawful possession, manufacturing, or use of illicit substances.
  1. Property cases: These cases usually don't have any casualties or injured victims. It is mostly related to the division of inherited property or distribution of property during separation or divorce and so on.
  1. Cases related to alcohol: They involve actions that are influenced by alcohol consumption like driving under influence, and drunkenness. Several liquor laws prevent making, selling, or buying alcoholic beverages.
  1. Violent crime cases: These are the most familiar cases among the types of criminal cases. They involve forcible rape, attempt to murder causing physical harm, non-negligent manslaughter, and murder.
  1. Cases of misconduct: If any action has caused a public disturbance, it is considered to be a case of misconduct. Although, the type of crimes that come under the code of ‘misconduct’ varies from one state to the other.
  1. Fraud cases: These cases are confined to misinterpretation that leads to financial loss. Some examples include lottery scams, inheritance scams, and identity theft.
  1. Cases that involve family: Most of the criminal cases that are registered are based on crimes committed by family members. These offenses include violent actions that endanger the mental and physical well-being of a family member. These also include rape, murder, theft, and so on.

How Do Criminal Lawyers Help You?

After the Tempe criminal attorney are assigned a case, here is how they work to help:

1. Interview about the case.
  2. Carries on an investigation into the case.
  3. Collection of Evidence and forming an Analysis.
  4. Developing a theory of defense and a winning strategy.
  5. Representing you in the trial.
  6. Communicating with your family.
  7. Help in negotiating with the prosecutor about any particular plea bargain.
  8. Help in reducing the criminal sentence.

Conclusion!

We hope that you now understand the different scenarios under which you would get help from a criminal lawyer. You can also know more from a Tempe criminal attorney

A blogpost about Criminal Law