All Criminal Justice Majors Can Relate To These 5 Things

It Should Be A Crime That All Criminal Justice Majors Can Relate To These 5 Things

"Wheels up in 20."

126

Calling all criminal justice majors! At one point or another throughout our time in college, we probably have all related to these five aspects of our major:

1. Wanting to be in the FBI

If you're a criminal justice major, at some point your dream was to probably go into the FBI, but once you actually started taking classes in college, you learned that this goal is difficult to reach and somewhat unrealistic.

Just because you watched all 14 seasons of "Criminal Minds" doesn't mean you're cut out for the FBI. (I'm also guilty of thinking I was).

2. Watching crime shows probably inspired you to pick your major

Whether it be "Orange is the New Black," "CSI," or "Law and Order," watching crime dramas definitely played some part in peaking our interest in the subject.

Let's face it, we ALL wish we were Penelope Garcia from "Criminal Minds." And we think we're expert criminal profilers, too. Describe a crime and we'll tell you the age, race, gender, and type of un-sub to look for.

3. Having the Routine Activities Theory ingrained in your brain

If I had a dollar for the amount of times we had to learn about this theory in every single criminal justice class we have taken, I could pay off my student loan debt.

Say it with me, kids! The Routine Activities Theory says that in order for a crime to occur, there must be a suitable target, motivated offender, and the lack of a capable guardian to prevent the crime from happening.

4. Dealing with people asking you, "Oh, so do you wanna be a cop or a lawyer?" when you tell them your major

You know, there are more careers in the criminal justice field aside from police officers and lawyers. Like, so many. Not all of us wanna go to law school, and that's okay!

5. Genuinely being interested in your crime classes

I don't think I've taken one criminal justice class that I haven't actually enjoyed. They're all so interesting and never boring. I mean, we are literally learning about crime, criminals, the prison system, re-entry, crime theories, and law. What's not to like?