I Don't Have A Crazy Aunt

I Don't Have A Crazy Aunt

Some say their aunts are crazy, I say mine are awesome.

249
I Don't Have A Crazy Aunt
someecards

Some stereotypes come and go but one that has stuck is the “crazy aunt”. We’ve all heard the stories. She brings Jell-O salad to Christmas with mystery ingredients floating around. She has a million cats and her house smells like mothballs. I don’t have a crazy aunt, but it’s a miracle. From hearing the stories growing up with either of my parents could drive a person insane. Between the picking on each other, getting in car wrecks, sharing bedrooms and family vacations at this point I don’t see how everyone in my family isn’t crazy. Thankfully, they aren’t. They’re just awesome. It’s like God knew I didn’t need them as a mother because I would need them as a friend.

I have beautiful aunts.

None of them will admit it, but they are just as beautiful outside as they are on the inside. Each of them has unique features that set them apart. Whether it be gorgeous hair, a sparkly smile or beautiful eyes none of it compares to who they are on the inside.

I have hardworking aunts.

Each has worked hard to provide for their kids. Single mother, workaholic, overachiever; you name it I’ve got it. If I’m half as motived as they are I will do perfectly fine in life.

I have loving aunts.

They love all sorts of things; sports, cooking, their kids, their grandkids, other family members and too many other things to list. I don’t tell them enough, but I love them just as much or more as they love their favorite things.

I have family-oriented aunts.

They go to all their kids and grandkids events and came to almost all of mine. They didn’t have to but they wanted to. I appreciate them for everything they came to during elementary school, middle school, and high school.

I have fun aunts.

My mom might not have let me have Sun Drops at night but guess who did? My aunt. My parents might not have liked slip-n-slides but guess who did? My aunt. That movie that was rated PG-13? You guessed it; I got to watch Big Momma’s House with my aunt. I had a fun day at the lake? My aunt was definitely there. Who taught me to love all things Shania Twain? My aunt. It’s memories like those that I will remember.

I have a role model in my aunts.

Each one of them has a different attribute that I strive to have myself. Most of those are listed above. I hope I can one day be as hard working, loving, family-oriented, fun and strong as each of them. Each of them combined makes the perfect person and each of them being in my life make me perfectly happy.

Thank you for giving me a fun childhood, being someone I can look up to and growing into a great friend.