Craig Bonnyman Sheds Light On Why Designer Radiators Are On the Rise

Radiators have traditionally been seen as necessary appliances whose looks are to be endured, not celebrated.

20

Radiators have traditionally been seen as necessary appliances whose looks are to be endured, not celebrated. Craig Bonnyman helped us understand why a design-led approach to radiators is becoming more common.

Today, radiators are available in a wide variety of styles and colors. Bonnyman explained that this is part of a larger trend in interior design, not just radiators. Traditionally, consumers chose radiators from a brochure or catalog. Today, social media gives them easy access to many different designs.

Craig Bonnyman believes Pinterest and other platforms encourage bolder designs, telling us that "People can now get inspiration or seek inspiration for their interior, literally at the touch of a button. In their pocket, they've got the biggest catalog on the planet."

It's easier for people to keep up with trends and see more examples of how a designer radiator can fit with their décor. This has increased the demand for variety, with radiator manufacturers and retailers following suit to keep up.

Bonnyman elaborated that the so-called designer radiators aren't all that different from earlier models, varying only in how they look. The functional design is still the same, using heated water from the boiler to dissipate heat throughout a room.

There's a greater variety now in finishes, colors, and coverings, but Bonnyman emphasizes that "Realistically, a radiator's a radiator."

While the core of how these designer radiators work is the same as it's always been, there have never been more aesthetic options. There are both horizontal and vertical radiators designed to fit any space.

For years, the top choice has been the white panel horizontal radiator, with most options being slight variations on that theme. Bonnyman made it clear that there's nothing wrong with them, they're subtle and blend well with most styles, but there are more choices for consumers today.

Rather than aiming for discretion like the white panel radiators, many models today are vertical, reaching more than halfway up the wall. The bold designs seek to draw attention rather than avoid it. Homeowners are starting to embrace radiators as an opportunity for bold design.

Designer radiators are seeing more use in all kinds of homes. Their appearance in modern homes goes without saying, with many designs following the latest trends. However, older, more traditional houses are also seeing an influx of new designer radiator options to match their styles.

Craig Bonnyman says that "People are coming to terms with the fact that they do not have to simply accept a standard white panel radiator," pointing out that many designer radiator sales aren't just for new construction but replacing older models in existing homes.

Radiator prospects have never looked better for avid interior designers, but Bonnyman cautions not to put the cart before the horse. He explains that radiators are still an appliance first and a design feature second and that matching the radiator's size to the room's heat loss requirements should be homeowners' priority.

https://ritzherald.com/craig-bonnyman-educates-us-about-four-electric-heating-myths/