Why Cousins Make The Best Friends

Why Cousins Make The Best Friends

Family reunion? Yes, please.

16
Why Cousins Make The Best Friends
imgkid.com

There's no denying that cousins are an amazing part of life. And here's why they make the best friends.

1. You grew up together.

You've witnessed all the stages of your cousins' lives from adorably chubby, to awkward with braces, and finally to the beautiful human beings they are now.

2. Family connects you.

As you get older, distance and time might separate you, but you know they're just a phone call away. You might drift away from your high school friends, but you will always have common ground with your cousins.

3. They are always there for you.

You know they've got your back. Like that time in middle school when your friends ditched you, so you called your cousins, who are cooler, anyway.

4. There's no pressure.

You don't have to try to be cool around your cousins because they already know you're a weirdo.

5. They understand the crazy in your family tree.

'Nuff said.

6. Together, you can make any boring family event entertaining.

Yes, even your little cousin's 8th grade graduation and obligatory family dinners.

7. You revel in each other's success.

Unlike the rivalry you may have with your siblings, you're ecstatic when your cousins get engaged or encouraging when they're training for a marathon.

8. You learn from each other.

Your cousins have taught you some valuable life skills - from ways to please your grandma to how to hold your liquor.

9. You (have to) love each other.

It might be hard to admit sometimes, but you really do love your cousins. In the end, blood is thicker than water.

All images courtesy of giphy.com