Here's How To Play The Best Halloween Dating Drinking Game Yet

The Spooky Dating Drinking Game To Get Boo-zed Up With Your Pumpkin This Halloween

Beware: you'll be summoning the ghosts of exes past.

16346

Halloween 2020 is going to be pretty different, but that doesn't mean the ghost stories have to social distance themselves. In fact, after a year like this one, what's a few more horror stories to add to the mix? If you and your partner dare, this boo-zy drinking game will definitely add a little spook into your All Hallows' Eve plans. Think you're brave enough to share your scariest dating stories with your pumpkin this October 31? You've come to the right spot.

This is the Ultimate Spooky Dating Drinking Game. Here's how it works:

The Rules Are Simple

Each person has to answer each question truthfully and if they've done what is in each number, they drink based on instructions. Oh, and...

• Drink responsibly
  • Must be 21+ to play this game
  • Mix in some water, please and thank you

Get it? Got it? (In case you don't get it, go in order from 1 to 23 as each player answers each question and drinks if they've done the mentioned deed). Good.

Let's PLAY!

*Note: decide before the game whether you want to play the bonus round as well — which involves sharing more about these spooky dating stories. If you choose to opt in for the bonus, each player will either tell the story for that round to make their "opponent" (really their partner) drink or take the sip themselves. Things are about to get boo-zy (disclaimer).

1. Take a sip if you've ever been ghosted.

"Ghosting: the act or practice of abruptly cutting off all contact with someone (such as a former romantic partner) by no longer accepting or responding to phone calls, instant messages, etc."

NOT SURE? READ MORE ON GHOSTING HERE

Bonus: share the story so the other person has to take a sip or don't share the story and take another sip yourself.

2. Take 3 big gulps if you've ever ghosted someone.

3. Drink half your beverage if you've ever cushioned someone.

"Cushioning: a dating technique where along with your main piece you also have several 'cushions,' other people you'll chat and flirt with to cushion the potential blow of your main breakup and not leave you alone."

NOT SURE? READ MORE ON CUSHIONING HERE

4. Drink 3 sips if you've ever been someone's cushion.

5. Take a big gulp if you've ever been zombied.

"Zombieing: when someone you were previously dating or in a relationship ghosted and then comes back to try to interact, communicate, or rekindle things again."

NOT SURE? READ MORE ABOUT ZOMBIEING HERE

6. Top off your drink and take 5 gulps if you've ever zombied someone.

7. Take 3 sips if you've ever been zumped.

"Zumping: Zoom dumping; breaking up with someone you are dating via video call."

NOT SURE? READ MORE ABOUT ZUMPING HERE

8. Take 5 sips if you've ever zumped someone.

9. Finish half your drink if you've ever used the word "simp."

READ MORE ABOUT THE WORD SIMP HERE

10. Take a sip if you've ever been dogfished.

"Dogfishing: when you use a photo of yourself with someone else's dog on your dating profile to attract matches."

NOT SURE? READ MORE ABOUT DOGFISHING HERE

11. Take 5 sips if you've ever dogfished someone.

12. Take as many sips as you'd like (at least one) if you've ever been benched.

"Benching: when you put someone you sort of like but aren't completely sold on on the 'bench' as a backup plan while you scope out your other options."

NOT SURE? READ MORE ABOUT BENCHING HERE

13. Finish your drink if you've ever benched someone.

14. Take 2 sips if you've ever been negged.

"Negging: backhanded compliments used to tap into someone's insecurity, making them vulnerable."

NOT SURE? READ MORE ABOUT NEGGING HERE

15. Take 2 big gulps if you've ever negged someone.

16. Take 3 gulps if you're guilty of breadcrumbing someone.

"Breadcrumbing: when someone you're interested in likes the attention, so they flirt with you via text, DMs, Snapchat, etc just to keep you interested without any intention of furthering the relationship."

NOT SURE? READ MORE ABOUT BREADCRUMBING HERE

17. Take 3 sips if you've fallen for breadcrumbing.

18. Take two sips if you've ever been curved.

"Curving: the act or practice of responding to someone's advances while simultaneously dodging plans or any questions that could lead to a commitment."

NOT SURE? READ MORE ABOUT CURVING HERE

19. Finish your drink if you've ever curved someone.

20. Take a sip if you've ever been gaslit.

"Gaslighting: to manipulate (someone) by psychological means into questioning their own sanity."

NOT SURE? READ MORE ABOUT GASLIGHTING HERE

21.Take a shot if you've ever gaslit someone.

22. Take 3 sips if you've ever been catfished.

"Catfishing: to deceive, swindle, etc., by assuming a false identity or personality online."

READ MORE ON CATFISHING HERE

23. Take a shot if you've ever catfished someone.

Follow Swoon on Instagram.