119 People Reveal How The Pandemic Has Affected Their Love Lives

397167

Through six surveys, these creators gathered responses from 119 people — some in their 20s, some single, some in relationships, and some married. In the end, the results were mixed, but the overarching theme is that if you want love, you definitely have to put in extra effort to make relationships work during a pandemic, and that's not a job everyone wants right now.

1. Here's what 20-somethings had to say about their love lives during a pandemic:

Those in their 20s were not shy to say exactly how they feel about love in quarantine and no matter if they were dating or not, the consensus seemed to be that the pandemic really isn't helping them out at all.

For the full survey results conducted by Charlotte Trattner, click here.

2. Here's what single women had to say about their love lives during a pandemic:

A majority of single women are just not finding love during the pandemic. Of course, not every single woman is searching for love while quarantined or social distancing. In fact, many are choosing to stay single and spend that extra "me time" growing as individuals. But, for those who are searching for love, it's TRICKY and COVID-19 is making it that much harder.

For the full survey results conducted by Brianna Cicero, click here.

3. Here's what women in relationships had to say about their love lives during a pandemic:

Like singles, couples are feeling negative effects on their relationships as well. For those who already lived together, being around each other 24/7 without any space to do your own thing once in a while can be difficult. For those who normally live separately but decided to quarantine together are now facing the newly living together challenges during an already difficult time. And lastly, for those who are quarantined or social distancing apart, finding ways to stay connected is tough. But, when you love someone, you make it work, right? Well, some women in relationships outlined the ways they're making their relationships work through the ups and downs.

For the full survey results conducted by Lexi Locke, click here.

4. Here's what interracial couples had to say about their love lives during a pandemic:

As if the pandemic alone isn't difficult enough to navigate as-is, an increasingly unsettling political climate doesn't make it any easier — particularly for BIPOC. So, when asked how being in interracial relationships has affected their partnerships and how the pandemic has affected those relationships as well, their responses highlighted the fact that racism and discrimination do not just disappear with a global health crisis... they get worse.

For the full survey results conducted by Jennifer Kustanovich, click here.

5. Here's what married people had to say about their love lives during a pandemic:

Just like any other couple, married partners are handling the pandemic differently as well. Though we've have seen an increase in the rate of divorces during and after quarantine, some spouses reveal their relationships have actually really benefited from quarantine, allowing them to become closer.

For the full survey results conducted by Radhi Patel, click here.

6. Here's what military spouses had to say about their love lives during a pandemic:

Being a military spouse also has its own set of challenges, so couple those with the uncertainty of a pandemic and things could potentially be extra difficult. According to 50 military spouses, though, COVID-19's impact on their relationships hasn't been the same across the board. While few people rated their love lives since the pandemic began a 1–5, most said their love lives have been a 6–10.

For the full survey results conducted by Abbey Macias, click here.

Keep your love life going in quarantine with a reusable mask to wear out on your dates (while social distancing) or try this date night cookbook.

Follow Swoon on Instagram.