Traveling During COVID-19?

Traveling During COVID-19?

Society is judged by how it treats its most vulnerable members— children and the elder.

251
Traveling During COVID-19?

I am disappointed and embarrassed of people my age. College students have a stereotype of "stupid, and people that make poor choices", especially right now. I get it, I love traveling and off course I would love to just buy super cheap flights and go travel, but I'm not going to put everyone I love that is over 60 at risk.

I am even more embarrassed to admit that I too believed that. I thought that this virus wasn't serious, because it only affects the elder. I was salty, because I had plans to go to Vegas during my spring break and I had to cancel them. I was so excited because I always travel abroad and this was the first time I was going to explore another state. I was excited to do something chill. I want to stop drinking once I graduate (for good), and what better way to test my self control than Vegas? I was excited to spend time with Julie and Sarah and just have girl time. I get being angry and upset that your plans are ruined, and you are allowed to feel that, but don't go hating on the baby boomers, because one day we are going to be old, and I hope to God that when I reach that age, I hope the government shuts down Miami.

You are not allowed to put others at risk, just because you're selfish and only care about things that affect you. College students are selfish, but this is something else. Are you that fucked up that you need to go down to Miami to continue to drink, just as much as you would during the year? Because if you can't just come home and spend time with your family during this time, you have serious issues and should re-evaluate your life. I hope that when our generation is old, that our society doesn't decide to put us at risk this way. I can't imagine being old and being this afraid.

Afraid that everyone thinks you're disposable. Afraid that stupid college kids can't stop drinking for two weeks. Afraid that these same college students making these poor choices will be in charge of us some day.

I feel really bad for Vanessa Hudgens, because she posted a live video with a bad response to the virus:

"Um, yeah. Till July sounds like a bunch of bullshit, I'm sorry," Hudgens says in the video. "It's a virus, I get it, I respect it, but at the same time…even if everybody gets it, yeah…people are gonna die, which is terrible but inevitable."

https://www.flare.com/celebrity/vanessa-hudgens-coronavirus/

WTF? Yes people are going to die, and we are trying to reduce that number as much as possible!! We think that because the virus doesn't affect us that we are somehow not responsible for the lives at risk? I don't understand how we've become this unattached to reality and other peoples' need besides our own...

But mostly, I feel bad for her getting the heat on something that we are all thinking. I too was upset. I think most people our age are upset and annoyed that this is happening.

sanakadir

On the bright side though, there are amazing things that have come out of this pandemic. I want to take a moment and share a girl I had the pleasure of knowing for a short time during my first year at DZ. her name is Sana (pronounce; sun-A). I'm pretty sure she was going to celebrate her birthday just like any other human she was upset it was in the mist of COVID. But instead of pouting she decided to do something about it. She decided to think about others, especially the less fortunate ones. She made a fundraising page on FB and made these adorable goodie bags for people that are not as fortunates as you and I are.

sanakadir

I get it, this time is not ideal, but it's a blessing in disguise to be able to pause and spend time with our family.