The Officially Unofficial Ranking Of The 6 Best Cookie Flavors

There is no better way to celebrate the occasion, than writing an article explaining my love for Cookies.
44

As some of you may know, October is National Cookie Month – as for me, I love any and all types of cookies! Small cookies, large cookies, cookie cake, cookies with extra toppings, cookies with crazy flavors – I am here for it all.

Living in the Charleston area, being a dessert connoisseur is no hard task. From Cupcake Down South to Kaminsky’s Desert Café, recently opened Ice and Pan – and my personal favorite, King Street Cookies are all within walking distance, and practically in my backyard. Stopping by King Street Cookies for their three cookies for $5 deal – is really hard to pass up. Not only are my favorite cookies found in dessert cafes, but your average grocery store, and even in my grandmother’s kitchen.

Here is a list of my favorite types of cookies, starting from the top:

6. Oreos

You can never go wrong with a quick Oreo or two. Personally, my favorite are the Halloween and Christmas editions only produced around the Holidays. It’s just something about that orange and red icing that makes them taste SO much better. BUT, don’t forget – double stuffed, is too much for me!

5. Oatmeal Cookies

My grandmother makes these famous, delicious homemade cookies called “Oatmeal Cookies.” As you can imagine, they are made of the traditional oatmeal, peanut butter, and sugar – although these can be purchased at local bakery’s – my grandmother’s seem to be the best. She always comments about the “weather being just right,” to make the best batch of Oatmeal Cookies.

4. S'More's Cookies

The infamous King Street Cookies, located directly outside of my apartment and just to the left – serves multiple, I mean TONS of flavors of cookies each day. They have simple chocolate chip cookies, as well as sugar cookies – all the way to Cookie Cake, Snickerdoodle, and one of my personal favorite’s SMORES. You may be wondering if the combination of the typical ingredients for a SMORES sandwich and a cookie, combine well… Good News – I would highly recommend

3. Cookie Cake

Growing up a dancer, our instructors always rewarded us with Cookie Cake for a job well done – therefore, my adoration for Great American Cookie’s Cookie Cake was introduced at a young age. Not only is it incredibly delicious, the designs are always so cute, AND the icing is whipped to perfection!

2. Chips Ahoy - Chunky

Okay friends, I have a serious question and try your best not to laugh when you read it. Do you prefer the Chips Ahoy Soft Cookies or Chunky Cookies? We have this debate with my friends at least once, every 48 hours and I really want to know what you think. To me, the chunky is the best. You can never go wrong with a crunchy cookie, adorned with small chunks of chocolate – what could be better?

1. Salted Caramel Cookies

Here I go again, with the advertisement for King Street Cookies – seriously, you HAVE to give it a try. My all-time favorite, go – to cookie is Salted Caramel flavored served at King Street Cookies. The double chocolate chunk cookie is topped with caramel sauce and sea salt. Everyone says that the perfect mixture between sweet and salty always does the trick, and they are right!!!

And here you have it – the top six of my favorite cookies in the entire world. In case you were looking for great gift ideas for the Holidays – a cookie, of any sort, would be a fan-favorite, for sure!!