Confidence is the New Black

Confidence is the New Black

4
Confidence is the New Black
Photo Credit: Allyson Bach, member of Kappa Delta Sorority.

Confidence is the most essential building block in discovering who you are. It is also the most difficult concept for most woman and men.

Coco Chanel said it best: “A girl should be two things: who and what she wants.” That simple. No exceptions. Every woman should have the confidence to do what she wants, when she wants in order to understand who she is.

Confidence is the foundation for Kappa Delta Sorority. The organization at large works to create and promote confidence in girls and woman across the country. Each chapter works at a local level in order to obtain global results.

This includes working with local Girls Scouts and woman’s shelters in order to instill confidence and allow them to grow and individuals. 

Every year in February, Kappa Delta Sorority will be having their annual Confidence Coalition. It is a part of the “You Make Me Smile” Campaign, encouraging woman to be themselves because being yourself is beautiful. The UCLA Confidence Coalition is unique in that every Kappa Delta chapter in the state of California comes to LA to help with this campaign. 

Blue balloons with the Confidence Coalition logo and a personalized message on the back are handed out to woman and girls across campus, throughout Westwood and all around Santa Monica. The members do not ask anything of the public, they just hope for a smile and a day to be made. 

Remember that while everyone has a right to be confident, it is something that can take years to develop and minutes to lose. As a part of Greek Life it is our responsibility to be leaders in the community. So walk with purpose, grace your face with a smile, and be yourself because confidence is a woman's greatest accessory!