Should You And I Be Concerned About The Direction 'Star Wars' Is Heading?

Spoiler Alert: Yes we should!

42
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPEYpryMp2s

I'm sure if you pay any attention to how much movies make in the box office you know this fact: Solo, A Star Wars Story, has grossly underperformed in the box office on opening weekend.

I mean, they revised how much they expected it to make twice, lowering it each time, and it still did not hit the mark, earning 83.3 million over the three days. Now I know what you are going to say, almost 100 Million?

They should be popping bottles! Well, that would be true in some cases but this is Star Wars, and that is honestly nothing to be proud of for the biggest film franchise in history. So what is the cause of all of this?

I saw one suggestion from Forbes saying movies about white men are box office disasters. That is one of the stupidest things I have ever read. They obviously didn't see the movie, which had a very diverse cast, even more, diverse than usual Star Wars movies. I mean, there is a militant, lesbian, feminist robot in the movie.

How much diverse do you want them to make it? More? Well okay, now we have one of the writers saying that Lando Calrissian identifies as pansexual, which is an obvious publicity stunt to attract a wider audience. Not saying either of these characters and their choices are bad things, I'm just using them to defend my statement that this is a very diverse film characters wise. But why did Solo flop?

This may be the first you are hearing about it, but a lot of people decided to boycott the new Star Wars film Solo because they are very upset in the direction that Star Wars has taken under the new head of Lucas Film, Kathleen Kennedy. And honestly, after doing a little research on the subject, I hate to say it, I agree one hundred percent.

I don't know how many of you all noticed, but The Last Jedi was just absolutely awful, it had more plot holes than swiss cheese and was overall very mismanaged and poorly written. I mean, you got some great actors up there, John Boyega is great! I love him but he is just being totally wasted with this script! But a lot of fans are blaming Kathleen Kennedy for green-lighting this script, and Rian Johnson, the director of the movie as well.

I can't blame them because they are on camera multiple times saying things like, "We have to put ourselves in a bubble and not listen to the fans because it isn't about what the fans want, it is about our vision for the movies" and you know what? That is absolute bullshit for lack of a better term. Even Mark Hamill, Luke Skywalker himself absolutely hated it.

He is on an interview complaining about this strategy of not listening to your fans and being upset with Luke Skywalker's role in the latest movie multiple times. Don't believe me just google it! I could spend hours complaining about this new regime in Lucas Film and why we need a change, and possibly why we need to throw out The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi as canon and start fresh completely, but why do that now when I could save it for another post next week?

I'll end it by saying this. Kathleen Kennedy, if you want to shut your fans out, if you want to give them the middle finger and not listen to what we have to say, you should know that the fans will hate you for it, and more box-office disasters like what happened with Solo are awaiting you, until Disney wises up and fires you for it. Because what you are doing to the most beloved franchise of all time is sickening.