One Thing I Want Change In My Community If I Could

Community is a big word. It is not long, it is full of meaning, so coming up with just one thing is hard.

34

If I could change one thing in my community, it would be to help give aid to everyone, A plan to help my community would be based on the internship, Global Youth Health Summit, I am currently working with. This is an internship where as a team, we set up a conference to empower the youth to bridge the health gap. There are two main aspects of the conference. One is where we have guest speakers come in and talk bout their journey of how they go to where they are today. The other is the hackathon, where the youth creates a solution on the annual topic.

Even though I was a part of the communications team, where I had to recruit members, I dabbled in the other teams to help bring more awareness to this topic and to get more students involved. This is how I truly learned one major point that pertains to our nation: free medical clinics are necessary not only when there are natural disasters in our country, but also everyday life. While there are a few clinics dotted around the country that run over at times of aid it is still necessary to have multiple clinics in each state to ensure there are options available to every person at all the time, regardless of the situation.

In order to do this, I propose that as a community we get the word out, through mouth, social media, and any other means possible so that other communities can also hear about this and help. By bringing attention to this issue, we can see that people truly care about this topic. Next, we would ask for donations in various ways including but not limited to car washes, bake sales, and other promotions with restaurants or other places for gift cards. Along with raising funds, we would try to partner with the local hospitals in the various areas to possibly be able to ask them if we can set up various areas near the hospital for the free clinic and even work with the local Red Cross.

We would also gather local volunteers to support this cause because these clinics belong to every person in the country. By sealing several partnerships, we will have the funds to buy supplies. In optimal cases, perhaps doctors and nurses from around the area would hear about our cause and would be willing to volunteer. Even then, we would still visit hospitals to speak with doctors and nurses about our cause to see if they will help. By taking these various steps, a healthier nation will be reached, which means a healthier future will be created, a future that I, along with my generation, hope to make better for the future generations to come.