We All Have Our 'Friends'

We All Have Our 'Friends'

The common criteria for anyone born before 1994 to make friends.

12
We All Have Our 'Friends'
PlayBuzz.com

“Where would you be without friends? The people to pick you up when you need lifting? We come from homes far from perfect, so you end up almost parent and sibling to your friends - your own chosen family. There's nothing like a really loyal, dependable, good friend. Nothing.” – Jennifer Aniston

It is funny how we just pick up a group of strangers, introduce them to one another and before you know it form our friend group. But I believe we know what we are looking for before we go friend hunting. The most common criteria for anyone born before 1994, was to find that group of friends that were exactly like the popular sitcom "Friends"!

How to recognize who is who in your friend group is quite simple. Let us go through all the characters and find out.

Monica is the smart OCD girl who has had ... struggles in her life.

She has fought for everything she has and takes pride in everything she has done and or accomplished. She is that one person who is prone to be a dangerous mess when it comes to the romantic grasp of things.

Rachel is the spoiled one

Next, we have the group's Rachel. She knows when to be strong, courageous and how to power through all the obstacles. But she has the deep seeded fear — fear of being alone or giving up. She is someone who has gotten everything she has as gifts and hasn’t had to work for them. But when she lost all of that and was clueless as to what to do, she didn’t give up. She found ways to make herself a self-made woman.

Phoebe is sweet yet indecisive

Then we got Phoebe. She is the kind of person who goes with the flow. Has her own opinion about everything that is too “mainstream.” Creative with an active imagination. Known for over exaggerating but also is the first person you want to call to cheer you up.

Time for Ross

Overtly emotional and highly intelligent, which makes for a very deadly combo. A hopeless romantic who happens to make a lot of bad choices when it comes to relationships. Loves pointing out mistakes and flaws but very supporting and caring. Ross is also very careful and cautious. Afraid of taking risks comes with the job. But he is the mother of the group. He will look after you no matter what comes your way, even if it is your mistake.

God knows we all have a Chandler

Chandler is the person with the insecurities of being alone. He is the kind of person that hides his fears and inabilities behind his sense of comedy. He is strong hearted and kind but knows how to be blunt and just. Chandler is just chandler.

Joey has a need for attention

Last but not the least, the man himself riding in a horse to center stage is Joey Tribiani. But one of the most sincere, caring and honest people out there. He values all of his friends and is willing to step up no matter what happens. He loves four things: Pizza, New York, women and, most of all, Joey. As clearly shown by his clever catchphrase,“Nobody loves Joey more than Joey”.

In some way or another, we wanted our very own Ross, Rachel, Joey, Monica, Chandler and Phoebe. Somehow the universe granted our wishes and now we all have that very select group of so many tight people.