7 Comforting Bible Verses

Below I have listed 7 popular Bible quotes that bring hope in tribulation.

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

We are reminded that through all things, good and bad, God wants to use the negative in our lives in order to help us grow.

Isaiah 40:28-31

Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

God tells us that it is His strength we should rely on in difficulty and not our own. When we are tired and hopeless, He is the only one we can depend on for comfort.

Romans 8:38-39

For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Even in the depths of sorrow and evil, there is no act too terrible that can make us unworthy of saving by God. He wants us to return to Him no matter the amount of guilt you feel.

1 John 3:1-3

See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him. Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when Christ appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is. All who have this hope in him purify themselves, just as he is pure.

This quote gives us hope that, because of the sacrifice Jesus made for us, one day we will no longer need to live in sin. We will be made new in His image.

Joshua 1:9

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go."

God reminds us that, in hardship, we should trust in Him no matter what because He will never abandon us. In fact, we should rejoice for even though we face difficulty, He has a plan for us worth waiting for.

Mark 10:27

Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God."

We do not need to feel pressured to rely on our own knowledge and skill to get by because the power and holiness of God is enough.

James 1:2-4

Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

God promises us that the trials and tribulations we are faced with are not in vain. He will use our struggles to mold us into a better version of ourselves.