I Found Comfort In College When I Stepped Outside Of My Comfort Zone

Sometimes, it's what scares us most that motivates us.

41

Heading into college, I was scared out of my mind. What if I didn't make friends? What if I didn't get along with my roommate?

I was going to be on my own for the first time ever, and I had no idea how any of that was going to work.

Well, I'm five days in. And I must say, I am truly living my best life. I have never felt so comfortable with a group of people so quickly. I get along with all of my new friends so well, and we really do feel like a family. We have stayed up past midnight almost every single night to bond, and we have so many inside jokes that I've lost count. And it has only been five days.

I am hopeful for the future. I look forward to where I'm going. And I can't wait to grow these friendships; I pray they turn into friendships that last for the rest of our lives.

Don't stay in your comfort zone just because what is out there scares you. It's doing what scares you that can take you to the best places and introduce you to the greatest friends.

Here's to these next couple of years. Here's to (hopefully) friendships that last the rest of our lives.

Take steps that scare you. Talk to new people — you could make some of the best friends of your life.

I've taken a step that scared the bejesus out of me, and let me tell you, it was way worth it. I found myself comfortable in a place where I thought I could be nothing but uncomfortable. Five days in, and it has been amazing.

If the rest of the year is anything like this past week, I am so ready for this. Let's do this, college.