Come To The Table, Sit Down And Be Set Free

Scribbled in Chalk was the Phrase, "I am loved, I am wanted."
5

We all long to be accepted, loved, and adored.

A little girl sits on the sidewalk and captures her dreams with strokes of chalk a crossed the pavement. Scribbled by that little girl is a phrase, "I am loved, I am wanted." But, the words have dissipated over time; the waters came and the words no longer linger on the pavement, and where the little girl once stood is know a young women. She stares at the sidewalk with chalk in her hand and realizes that the phrase, "I am loved, I am wanted" is not easy to write; her hands tremble as she tries to convince herself that she still believes the words she once scribbled a crossed the blacktop. The words that used to hold such comfort and safety no longer do.

That little girl who once knew her worth. The girl who once understood that she was ALWAYS loved, ALWAYS accepted and ALWAYS adored, got let down just a few to many times by someone she thought would always pick her and always want her. So as she grew, her perspective became warped and she no longer found her worth in words scribbled in chalk on the blacktop. She lost sight of the power of the childlike wonder she once held. Her thoughts were tainted and she turned to others words of affirmation to fulfill her. But, soon she learned that words placed upon her by others could only satisfy for so long. Eventually the words of encouragement that were given to boost her self-worth would fade away and she was right back where she began; craving an acceptance, love, and adoration she could never quite grasp.

There came a point where the young women knew something had to change. So, once again she stood upon the sidewalk with chalk in hand. She closed her eyes and just listened. The laughter of children around her brought her back; back to a time when a little girl with green eyes and brown hair knelt upon the sidewalk and scribbled the phrase "I am loved, I am wanted." The young women finally understood. She finally understood what she had been missing all along. So, she knelt down upon the sidewalk and wrote, "I am loved, I am wanted. He loves me. Even when I do not love Him, He loves me. Even when I do not accept Him, He accepts me. And even when I do not want His love, He gives it to me anyways."

You see, the little girl who once wrote that phrase upon the sidewalk was unaware of its magnificent power. She was just a little girl completely lost in the wonder and grace of her loving Father, but it was not her earthly father that the girls words were meant to portray. But rather, the chalk scribbled upon the sidewalk, described a promise made by her Heavenly Father. The phrase, "I am Loved, I am Wanted" was a promise the little girl understood. She understood that when others let her down, her Heavenly father would always be a constant. When she felt unloved by the people of this world, she could find love in His promise to her, "You Are Loved And Accepted, no matter what."

As the young women stood above the words scribbled in chalk, she also knew that she would always be loved, always be accepted, and always be wanted by He who spoke the stars into being.

I am that girl. I sat upon the sidewalk and scribbled my dreams upon the ground with chalk. I got let down by those who I thought invincible, and I grew into a young women who tried to find her worth in others words. But, I also stood upon the sidewalk and finally understood the magnitude of His love for me. I now finally understand that He calls us all to "come to the table."

All who have been let down, take your place at the table, sit down and be set free.