Colton May Not Have Been My Pick For The Bachelor

Colton May Not Have Been My Pick For 'The Bachelor,' But I’m Excited For His Season

I am hoping for the best for Colton. I want him to find love, and I am excited to see him try to find it.

418

I am one of many who wasn't happy that Colton was announced to be The Bachelor. I wanted someone like Jason, Blake, or Ben. In the episodes that I watched them, these three guys seemed to be more genuine than Colton, and they seemed mature to go through the process.

A lot of time has passed, and Colton has now filmed his season with the premiere coming soon. With all of the sneak previews that ABC has been releasing, I am excited to watch Colton's season. I am excited to see Colton go through his journey to hopefully find his soulmate.

What has changed? Why am I now suddenly a Colton supporter? Why am I not boycotting the season like some fans?

First, I am a true Bachelor fan and I will never boycott a season. I love the show so much, and it is such a guilty pleasure of mine. It's nice to take 2 hours away from whatever I am doing just to watch a show and get my mind away from everything.

Yes, I love the possibility of people finding everlasting true love on TV and that was why I originally started to watch it years ago. However, now I watch it for pure entertainment. You put 25 ladies in a house together, assuming all of them if not most have dynamic personalities, the drama is bound to be epic.

As well as, the producers know what they're doing. The Bachelor has been going on for over 16 years and has over 30 seasons of a show. That is incredible, so no matter who they pick to be the lead, I will watch because I want to try to understand the logic behind their decision. If there is any.

That's for why I am not boycotting the season, but as to what has changed. I've grown up a lot since writing that last article, and I also have friends who love Colton. These people haven't persuaded me to be a Colton fan, but they've made me become more open to liking him.

That's one thing. Another thing is the season has been filmed and more and more stuff is being released on the season. Interviews are being played, Chris Harrison is being interviewed, and there is a lot of good stuff.

Chris Harrison has repeatedly said that this season gets raw and real, that's one thing that I think is always overlooked as a viewer. We see the glitz and the glam of the show, but we never see how raw it can get. The show is an intense process for everyone involved and in the previews, we saw how intense it gets for Colton.

I don't think we've seen that in a long time. We sort of saw it with Ben, saw more of it with Nick, but we see none of it with Arie. With Colton, we get the exact opposite of Arie, and I am excited to experience that through a viewer's eyes.

Throughout Paradise and Becca's season, I've always wanted to see more from Colton because I thought we were getting a fake version of him. From the previews alone, I can tell that we really get to know Colton as the lead and that's why I am excited about his season. I am excited because there will be such a contrast from last season.

On a side note, I really hope they don't continue to joke about his virginity. I think it's something that should be discussed because he is someone who not many people expect to be a virgin, but it shouldn't be joked about. As a fan, I want to know why Colton is still a virgin and I want to get beyond the surface level, which it seems like we might be getting this season.

Am I a Colton fan? Not yet, but I am willing to become one. One thing that I plan on doing is documenting my reaction to each episode and I want to see how I change or if I become a fan of Colton. I am excited about this season, and whether or not you're a Colton fan you should be too.