Color Vibe 5K Is For You

Color Vibe 5K Is For You

Trust me I never thought running could be fun until today.

11
Color Vibe 5K Is For You
Marissa Rosa

I am no runner. I do not consider myself out of shape, but I am not one you would imagine when thinking of someone who “Runs for Fun“. Trust me I never thought running could be fun, that is until today.

Over 5,000 people including my seven best friends and I participated in the Color Vibe 5K Run Tour. When my Friend had this idea of running a 5K I shook my head left and right as I said “No!” as quickly as I could. How could a group of girls that look at shopping as cardio take part in an event that attracts some of the fastest runners? Little did I know that the Color Vibe 5K is for everyone and anyone who wants to do something fit and fun! This race is not really a race at all but rather a way to be active in the most creative way.

Upon arriving for the most colorful event of the year, you receive your very own powder packet in a color of your choice. This powder is responsible for turning every article of clothing you are wearing as well as yourself, into a master piece. This pixie dust like mixture is thrown on you by other racers and volunteers as you make your way from start to finish. Every few miles you reach a color zone where a new color of powdered is introduced. You will be a walking rainbow by the time you cross the finish line.

If you are not a runner, much like myself, you are still encouraged to participate. All racers can go at their own pace and feel confident in knowing no one is a loser in this race! You can run it or you can walk it, both are equally lively for all who take part. This is a great way to spend quality time with your family and even your friends. I was blown away by seeing how many moms and dad walked the track while pushing strollers. Along their sides were other young children dancing in sprinkling colors. It really was exciting for all ages.

Not one person resembled another at this event. Custom T-shirts and some of the most outrageous costumes were worn by racers. Tutus and knee high socks, sunglasses and hats! Although everyone came in their own idea of Color Vibe ready, everyone left in the same bright pastel colors of a day filled with laughter, sunshine and a whole lot of excitement.

After crossing the finish line the fun was not over yet. A huge after party was waiting for all the racers with a jamming DJ and free refreshments from local sponsors. Racers were able to have the perfect opportunity for photos and making memories that will last a lifetime. I cannot recall seeing one person without a smile on their face and colored powder in their hair.

The Color Vibe Tour makes many stops around the country and if it is heading to a town near you I’d highly recommend it! What’s a better way to live life in screaming color? Grab your family and or your friends, make a team with a name of your choice and get ready for an experience like no other!