Why Does Color Matter

Why Does Color Matter

Honest and to goodness, why does it matter?

311
Why Does Color Matter
Genetis

Why does it matter?

People are pretty interesting, they can accomplish so many things together and they have done so. Look at New York City. Honestly look at it, the skyscrapers, how did they do that? Think about 9/11, remember how devastating that was? Some felt that we would never recover from such an event, the country was shaken. Look at the medical field and compare to what was like ten, twenty years ago, completely different and more effective. We have figured out the earth is round not flat, we have sent people to outer space and to the moon. How is that we can do all these crazy and amazing things and yet we can’t see past color? This goes both ways this isn’t just a white vs black thing, or white vs yellow or any other color. This is a black vs black, black vs yellow, white vs green situation.

Why do we only see color? Why do people feel the need that because someone has a darker skin tone than the other that they feel the need to surround themselves with people of the same color? Is it because it’s comfortable? Does it feel safe? Last I checked, we are all humans, people. We all cry when we feel pain or are in mourning, we all feel anger, we are all stubborn, we all can be happy and feel joy and embrace fond memories. When you take a knife and cut yourself regardless of what color your skin is, you bleed and we all bleed the same color.

People point to the injustice of what happened in the past, keyword there is past. I believe that my ancestors would tell me right here and right now to stop complaining. To be thankful for the fact that I do not have to go through what my ancestors did. I do not have to worry about going out to eat with friends or with my wife and worry about being turned down because the owner reserves his right to refuse service to me. My ancestors would tell me to shut up and be thankful that I learned to read and write, for they had to learn in secret. They would tell me that college was never even mentioned for them during their lifetime. My ancestors would tell us all to stop fighting each other. Martin Luther King, Jr., if he were alive to this day, I believe that he would be distraught and full of tears if he witnessed what has happened in the world since his murder.

Am I saying that there’s no racism in the world? No not at all, I have dealt with it throughout my life, but it doesn’t stop me because I know that my ancestors would tell me to shut up and be happy. We as people need to stop seeing just color, we need to. This fight is between all colors.

We as humans have accomplished so much here on earth, and we can do more; we can do better once we stop seeing color. These are just words and thoughts from a person that may never make the news or reach hundreds or thousands of people and that’s okay, but don’t ever think that you don’t have a voice, someone somewhere will hear it and that’s why I am sharing these thoughts.