9 Resolutions Every College Student Needs

9 Resolutions Every College Student Needs That Isn't Making A 4.0

It's time to put YOU first.

114
Photo by Stanley Morales from Pexels

Almost everyone in the world has the same resolutions each year. It varies from a healthy lifestyle to budgeting more and spending less, and becoming AMAZING. But you dive in a little more you see that 75% (according to an instagram survey) of college kids want a 4.0 and are making that their only new years resolution. While that might seem like an amazing achievement, there's a lot of stress that comes along with it. So here is 9 resolutions that every student needs to make this semester the best one yet.

1. Go easy on yourself. 

Maybe you missed a deadline, locked yourself out (again), or you slept through your 8:00 a.m.. What ever it is, learn from it and move on. College life is hard and the last thing you need is to be beating yourself up over a silly mistake.

2. Take time for YOU. 

College is a fast paced environment, it's okay to take time to yourself and relax. It's okay to skip a weekend of going out to just relax and watch Netflix with your sheet mask and a towel on your head.

3. Stop procrastinating. 

All of us students can agree that we say this every year. But make 2019 the year it actually happens. Turn that assignment in early and go get yourself a coffee, you deserve it after all.

4. Join something new.

Join/interview for that club or organization that you've always wanted to join but you haven't had enough courage to, or if you're already super involved, join something not a lot of people are in. This helps you be connected and meet new faces.

5. Stay Organized. 

This is another one we always say, and only do for the first week, but this time it's different. Maybe you're organized with your room but not so much with your school life. Purchase a planner, these help tremendously!! (Pro Tip: they are always on sale at the beginning of the year!) Or it's the opposite, clean your room and trust me you'll feel so much better.

6. Stop being negative.

This goes hand in hand with #1. If you carry yourself with positive attitude good things will happen to you. So next time you get a bad grade, someone bails on plans, or anytime you are faced with a negative situation. Take that situation and turn it in to a positive one.

7. Spend wisely. 

As a college student with no job I know what it feels like to have the bare minimum at some times... Save up your holiday money and give yourself a weekly budget. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with impulse shopping, but maybe limit yourself to only a couple "impulses" a semester

8. Live healthier. 

Maybe don't eat at Chick-Fil-A every night, don't avoid working out at all costs, and it's okay to skip a margarita night. College is a lot mentally and physically and it's super important to take care of your well being.

9. Enjoy yourself. 

After all, these are the last "free" years. So yes go enjoy yourself, college is hard and you DO deserve it.