College Student

College Student

Overcoming the obstacles almost every student faces

Why do we do the things we do, say the things we say? Lay waste to our fellow man because of feelings of dismay. Barbarians from the beginning of time and to this day. We inherit a lack of awareness so in disarray we will stay.

Love thy neighbor the commandments say, but yet we all still hate then, to the heavens we pray. Sinful nature on heavenly earth, iconic. Man playing his own creator, ironic. The free will we are given is a blessing and a curse. We know not of its worth.

Our hearts are filled with despise, our eyes filled with lies, our tongue curse the same rules in which should be used to survive. God is not dead and the devil is surely alive. The temptation of human flesh won't be our only demise.

We cry for help, but only on the inside, some of our stomach can't digest our pride. Our morals are southbound while greed arise, but what becomes of the materialistic things when we die? We lay waste to the place we lay our heads. Sleep with our shame, guilt, and indiscretions in our beds.

Why do we do the things we do in our lives? What is the purpose that we so deeply need to contrive? What is the meaning of our frivolous lives, if not to help one another, innovate, and survive?

Each of our cultures are like delicate flowers that can wither and die, but by our strength and generations to come we can keep them alive. The precedents of unity can truly be revived. If we all come together we could change all lives.

So, what is the purpose of your actions? Do you live for today or tomorrow? Is the time that you have earned or borrowed? Like a leaf in the wind are you taken by another or are you the engine made to lead others.

Whatever your option may be, never doubt your calling. Rush into it with precaution and stop the stalling. Do what you do. Be who you are. Hypocrisy will not get you very far.

Like the banks of the river will you wither in the storm, anti-social college student will you not come out of your dorm? Education is a trust, but the books you should not rely.

Your eyes are deceiving, but learning through experience is a must. Your mind is misleading so guide your own thoughts. An adventurer on foreign ground, your instincts will you trust? The structure from which you are built is it concrete or dust?

To test the tales of time will you leap forward with a thrust or take baby steps for superstitious you are. How can you reach for the stars if your mind doesn't reach as far?

Time will test your true grit or are you one to only survive by pure wit? You find yourself in a never-ending abyss, are you falling or gliding in it? Stop. Now think for a bit.