10 Perfect Jobs For College Students That Are Actually Fun

Anyone hiring? Fill out your resume and cover letter and start applying to these jobs!

610

With the college year in full swing, it can be a stressful and hard time to juggle schoolwork on top of working a part-time or full-time job. It is even more stressful when job hunting in such a competitive job market.

Especially for incoming freshmen applying to jobs and knowing which jobs will work with a college schedule is tricky. However, there are jobs out there that are beneficial to college students whether on or off-campus.

Here are 10 jobs that are perfect for a college student:

Babysitter or Nanny

Unsplash

If you want to be a babysitter make sure you have patience and are good with younger children. This job is perfect for a college student because the jobs hours are typically during the afternoons, evenings or weekends when parents are still working or if they went out for the night.

With a flexible schedule and good pay you can have fun with the children. If your studying education it is also a resume booster!

Dog Walker or Pet Sitter

Unsplash

Calling all students who love to work with animals this job is for you! Take a walk in the neighborhood with a furry friend at your side. It is proven how dogs and animals reduce stress and this job will help you get rid of stress from other life obligations.

The job may have limited hours and can serve as a side job if working an additional job.

Residential Advisor

@pendseyash

Free room/board, partial meal plan, and a stipend? Say no more and enjoy these benefits the job gives you. In this role you have a lot of responsibility in making sure students living in the residence halls are getting acclimated to college life.

You will have to do room inspections, plan events for students to participate in, attend staff meetings, and do roommate agreements.

While on duty you have the chance to do schoolwork which is another perk of the job. One thing to know is that this job requires students to attend a two to three week long intensive training before school starts.

Brand Ambassador

@stylecrazeguru

Sports teams, restaurants, hospitality firms, beverage makers, food makers, nightclubs are just some of the many career areas where a brand ambassador is essential.

For those who are young, outgoing, good-looking are willing to educate the public on a specific product. Hours usually consist of weekends and evenings.

Desk Receptionist

Unsplash

Whether it be a desk receptionist position at an office within the university, hotel or in a hospital chances are there will be sometime for independent work. Especially for those who have night shifts.

While on the job you get to practice communication skills such as speaking, researching and finding out information and customer service. This job is also great because it requires no physical labor.

Peer Tutor

Unsplash

You love working with your fellow peers and are younger children not your thing? Want to make a difference in somebodies life and a new friend?

If so, a peer tutor is the perfect match. Teach a subject you are passionate on and enjoy the time you spend with that student.

Campus Tour Guides

@carrolluniversity

This job has the advantage of getting to interact with college bound students who may even choose the university you tour guide for. For those who do not want to be stuck in an office for so long will find this job manageable.

Plus you get to learn so much more about all the resources and opportunities the university offers which is a win-win because you also attend that university.

Call Center Representatives

@jillsoffice

For those who love to talk over the phone and are interested with sales/marketing then say no more and apply to be a call center receptionist.

Many college students are able to build experience and a paycheck by putting on a headset to get a customers to answer the phone for a company.

Most call centers require employees to have free evening and weekend availability, a schedule to which most college students can easily commit.

Social Media Assistant

@du_ny

You are young and companies want to hire college-age employees to run their social media accounts because–let's face it–college-age people are already on social media a lot these days.

Some duties may include coming up with campaigns, creating captions, following a posting schedule, and answering any comments or questions people have online.

It is perfect for those who are studying journalism, communications, marketing, social media or graphic design.

Rideshare Driver

Unsplash

Driving for a ridesharing app, like Uber or Lyft, is an excellent option for college students, as the job offers 24/7 hours, with pay typically being at its highest on evenings and weekends.

Make your own work schedule and start driving customers to their destinations!