Dear College Student Who's Graduating, You've Got This

In this article, I empathize with my fellow soon-to-be graduates, and give them tips and encouragement to keep them (and myself) going! Also encouragement for post-grad life.

56

Hey people that are graduating in December or May!

Are you excited, worried, stressed, or all of the above?

Don't worry, I'm right there with you, along with thousands of other people!

You're worried about your grades' outcomes leading up to graduation? So am I!

It's that time where we sort of feel like we're stalling out and losing our last bits of energy. Don't lose hope or attention! Finish out strong, and do your best, you got this! Believe me, I'm counting down the days til graduation, and I'm so sick and tired of school, but graduation being so close will motivate you to work hard!

You're worried about finding a job, because you still haven't found one yet. Everything doesn't pay enough, or they require a Masters degree. Some jobs are just too far away for it to be worth it. Believe me, I'm there too, it'll all work out.

Just because your roommate or your brother got a job right after graduating, does not mean that you are dumb or not as successful. This doesn't mean anything! Your job industry might just have fewer available options than your roommate or brother's job industry. A lot of people experience being jobless for a while after graduation just because of the availability of jobs. This doesn't undermine your success!

You will find a job! Keep your chin up, we're all in this together.