Coming to college has changed me in several ways. I know it sounds so cliché. Freshman comes into college and ends her first year feeling as though she's a different person. But being in a new environment, away from any parental supervision or repercussions, can have a significant and lasting effect on oneself. In a time when your ideas and personality traits are constantly changing, it may seem easy to feel lost in regards to your identity. This time in our life is crucial in shaping who we are as individuals, and may college may be asking themselves the question, "Who am I?"

I've been there, and if I'm being completely honest, I may still be in that questioning phase. The first semester made me reconsider all aspects of my personality and what my identity was. I began to wonder how I portrayed myself to the outside world and what people actually thought of me.

Am I too loud? Or should I be louder? Do I really like my friends? Do I want to be more like her? Thoughts like these plagued my mind as I struggled to find my identity.

Interacting with so many different individuals made me feel lost in a stream of varying personalities, and with each interaction, I questioned more and more who I was. In times like these, I've learned to embrace the things that make me ME. Sure, I may feel the need to accentuate certain parts of my personality based on who I'm interacting with, but at the end of the day, I have to remember who I am.

I feel myself changing every day, but maybe that's not such a bad thing. After all, I am at college in order to experience new things. Change is inevitable, but as long as I embrace it, I'll be okay.