college students outfits

The College Student Starter Packs

You know which one you are.

61

Whether you're in a sorority or just trying to get to class on time, every college student can be identified by their outfit of choice. Some students fit in multiple categories or no category, but everyone knows one of these kinds of people or maybe you are one.

The Sorority Sister

Total Sorority Move | 7 Sorority Poses We Can't Get Enough Of

Although most Sorority sisters sport their finest wedges and little white dresses for recruitment, you can spot a sister on your campus by a few key clothing pieces. She will typically be wearing some lululemon leggings on the bottom or some ripped jeans, or even yoga pants on a more relaxed day. For a top, she will most likely be wearing a sweater or a tshirt displaying their chapter logo. A north face or jean jacket will be used to keep them wam, or even a longer puffer jacket if it's particularly chilly out. For shoes, she will most definitely be wearing slip on vans or something of the sort, or ugg boots, of course. To keep her hydrated, you can catch her with a hydroflask covered in stickers promoting sorority events or charitable causes.

The Frat Boy

how to dress like a frat guy. I call it "how to look like a tool ...

Now frat guys are a bit harder to pin down than a sorority sister, but I'll try to give you a few pointers on how to identify them. Now a brother will most always be sporting his favorite hoodie or Patagonia sweater, whether its 80 degrees or 15. Whether they're having a bad hair day or not, they'll be wearing a hat or maybe even a beanie. For pants, its always jeans or joggers, there is no in-between. The shoes are the most important part and probably the dirtiest. They will be white vans or Sperrys if they dare to be so basic. In the winter, they will definitely not be dressed appropriately but they will always be sporting Bean Boots.

The Freshman

12 Ways to Better Handle Stress in College | 1Dental Blog

Your typical college student is going to make a few fashion faux-pas at least once in their first semester. In the summer and early fall months, they will go for fashion over function and wear shorts that tend to cover not everything that should be concealed. Instead of wearing a tank top, they will go for a cute blouse or light colored tee shirt that does not do its job in covering the inevitable pit stains from walking 20 minutes to and from classes. Their shoes will at some point give them painful blisters and by the time they get to class, they'll be limping to their seat. In the rainy months, they'll think they're immune to puddles and wear their favorite white shoes which will immediately turn any other color but white. In the winter, they will either wear too many layers or not enough and be sweating or shivering within 5 minutes of being out in the snow.

The Never-on-time Student

The Life and Lies of an American College Student

If you're this kind of student, you probably know it already and you've learned to embrace it. Most days what you wore to bed is what you're wearing to class. Usually, a pair of sweatpants and your college sweatshirt with the oh so familiar stains on it is your go-to. Some don't even try to hide the fact they just got out of bed and simply wear a pair of plaid pajama pants. If you're looking for your fellow late-to-classers, you can find them in the back of the lecture hall will a hat pulled over their unbrushed hair and some ugg slippers on their feet.

The Tree Hugger/ Eclectic Dresser

Prescott College : For the Liberal Arts, the Environment, and Social ...

Our final type of college student is my personal favorite and the easiest to spot. The tree hugger can be found in an environmental club meeting most days or laying back in a hammock on the quad. The tree hugger and his or her doc martens are virtually inseparable and always tied with bright yellow laces. All seasons call for a beanie on top and a tee shirt displaying their favorite cause or endangered animal. On the occasion, they will also be wearing a striped shirt and of course a pair of ripped high waisted mom jeans, always light wash. If they don't have a coffee with almondmilk or soy milk they have their Nalgene filled to the brim with or even a cup of tea. To carry their environmental studies books they have a Fjallraven Kanken Backpack, and on their wrist, they have an array of beaded or woven bracelets.

There is no shame in putting yourself in one of these groups or making your own. College is the time to figure out who you are and embrace it. Clothing doesn't matter half as much as what you're learning or the friends you're making and will have for the rest of your life. When college is a few years behind you, you'll be able to look back and laugh at the questionable fashion choices you made.