college sex statistics

You're Not The Only One–Here's What The Typical College Student Has Done Between The Sheets

How many of these have you done?

260
https://www.pexels.com/photo/alluring-attractive-beautiful-fashion-405601/

Ever wonder how your bedroom fun stacks up with others? Maybe you think you're playing it safe, but you're actually straying from "the norm" (whatever that is). I asked 100 male and female college students across the country about what goes on behind closed doors. From innocent cuddles to risqué roleplay, here's what they had to say.

1. Butt stuff? Not as niche as you might think. 49% of students have tried it!

Don't knock it till you try it?

2. 75% of participants have had drunk sex.

Unsurprising, really.

3. But only 46% have tried it high.

4. A whopping 32% have cheated on their significant others. THIRTY-TWO PERCENT.

WHY IS THIS NUMBER SO HIGH? I started to lose faith in humanity awhile ago as a result of my own experiences, but now I've got numbers to back it, too. Yikes.

5. Only 9% have had a threesome.

Is anyone else curious to know if this is due to a lack of interest or difficulty in finding a third person?

6. 89% have had sex without a condom.

Ummm, watch your back. Here are a few reasons to use condoms (duh!) and here are preferred brands.

7. Of that 89%, 26% claimed that they/their partner were not on birth control.

8. Only 12% report that they use a condom every single time.

One condom = one less panic attack at the end of the month, am I right?

9. And 42% confess to using a condom less than 50% of the time they have sex.

10. 52% of college students have purchased Plan B for themselves or their partners at least once.

14% have purchased it twice, and 15% needed it three or more times! Although, considering the last statistic, this isn't a complete shock. Better safe than sorry?

11. Ever lie about having an orgasm? 65% have, too!

On the bright side, 89% claimed they've orgasmed or finished at least once!

12. 91% of students have performed oral sex, and 92% have received it.

Sharing is caring.

13. Sending texts that are definitely NSFW? So are 81% of college kids!

Here are some things to consider BEFORE you sext.

14. Ever thought about roleplaying or acting out a fantasy? 33% have tried it!

15. One night stands might not be as common as you think! 49% have never had one.

16. 11% have never masturbated.

Not gonna lie, I thought this number was going to be lower.

17. Fingering? Handjobs? 93% have given or received them!

18. 33% have never had sex to music.

Again, don't knock it till you try it. You don't need to have a specific playlist. Just play something you vibe with and see what happens.

19. 78% talk dirty while getting it on!

If you haven't tried it, it might seem weird or feel awkward at first, but there's nothing to be shy about.

20. 3% have never kissed or cuddled in bed.

21. And lastly, 7% reported they have not yet lost their virginity.