Katy's Declassified College Party Survival Guide
College

Use these tips to have the time of your life and stay safe!

117
party scene

We have all heard the story of one person who was way too intoxicated or high and ended up in a bad place. By bad place I mean sick, lost, bothering others, just overall a bad ending to their night. If you can help it don't be that person. Don't get me wrong everyone goes through a night like that, if you're like me you've probably had a few nights like that. Here are some major tips that I have learned the hard way so you don't have to.

A lot of college kids have the mentality that it can't and won't happen to them, but one of the laws of nature is that it will. You should always have the safety on the front of your mind. (I sound like a parent but it's true).

For women this means more, you need to always watch your drink and get it directly from the bar, not from that cute boy Brock you just met. You need to make sure none of your girlfriends leave with a guy you don't know if they do get his phone number name and address. You may look crazy but that is way better than looking like a bad friend. This should go without saying but I'd rather be safe than sorry, DON'T LEAVE WITH SOMEONE YOU DON'T KNOW.

Always, always, always uber. Never trust a designated driver, they're only human and will more than likely start to drink if they have the opportunity. They could be your absolute best friend who will never drink a day in their life, but your life is not worth that small risk.

Always let someone know where you're going to be, this means someone who isn't going out with you. I always recommend telling parents because they know you best and will know if somethings wrong. If you don't feel comfortable telling your parents, tell a reliable friend that lives close to you just in case.

Try out new spots but always have your favorite as a backup. Go out and enjoy a frat party one night or try a new club that just opened up, it's always fun finding a new place to hang out. Always keep a backup spot though, somewhere you know is fun and that you like.

If you're at a house party, get ready for the cops to be called. They always do, and I mean if I was those kids neighbor I would probably call the cops too (wow I'm getting old). In most college towns, the cops will just say turn the music down but if you know your town is notorious for arrests maybe make sure you can get away (not that I'm condoning running from the cops).

Less is more. You don't need a purse or backpack (a fanny pack is a totally different story though) at a party or club. It will more than likely get lost or stolen. All you really need is your ID and cash to get in (bring a little extra so you can get food after).

Have fun but know your limits. Almost everyone you meet in college will have a story where they partied too hard, some are worse than others but learn from them all. You can totally have fun without doing shots every minute or drinking yourself into liver failure.

P.S. Taco Bell and McDonald's are the best places to eat after a night out.