College Is Definitely Not What You See In Movies, But That Doesn't Mean It's Not A Good Time

Be you in college and realize college is not what they show in the movies.

309
YouTube

College is not all cracked up as it seems in movies. Sororities and fraternities don't always party. Not all college classrooms are gigantic lecture halls. Not all professors are strict and boring.

For the incoming freshman, college seems amazing and wonderful or nervewracking and scary. No need to worry though. Don't worry about what people think of you because more than likely they are thinking about their grade.

That dress code in high school, forget about it. If you are wearing clothes you are good people will show up in sweats and t-shirt to class. No biggie.

Choose professors wisely, talk to students who have taken them or a different professor. Use rate my professor. It will help in the long run.

Make friends in classes! You will be thankful one day. It could be the person next to you or behind you and they could help your grade or you could help theirs. They could become your next best friend.

I don't live in a dorm unlike some of my friends and they have told me different stories about it. Some have said it was fun but they wish the dorms where better kept up with by the university.

They also say they met their best friend in the dorms. That being their roommate.

Never believe what you see on tv. Television has romanticized college to make it seem more than what it is. Make it seem like the place to party every night. They only happen on Thursdays.

Over time you will get mad at your university for different things. Like raising tuition or building things rather than fixing things. But it is all part of college, you cannot be mad long.

College should be some of the best parts of life. Don't limit yourself to school work and work itself. Let loose and have fun, go out and hang with friends, stay out later than normal.

Join a new club or do something different. Be you in college and realize college is not what they show in the movies.