College Majors Sorted Into Hogwarts Houses

My sorting qualifications include studying in a cathedral.

1229
Wikimedia

I know I am not alone when I say that my Hogwarts acceptance letter definitely got lost in the mail all those years ago. With a heavy heart, I have had to accept that I am a mere muggle and with that accept an offer from an actual University. I attend the University of Pittsburgh which is almost the same as Hogwarts - I mean have you seen the Cathedral of Learning? As a student who studies in a Hogwarts like cathedral, the least I can do is act as a sorting hat and place majors into rightful Hogwarts houses.

1. Gryffindor is Biology

A willingness to confront the unknown, to fight for the underdog, to explore and defend: this is Gryffindor House. Arts and sciences fits the mold of this House given that most people are pre-med and on track to become doctors and save lives. To be a Gryffindor you must be brave and to take on a career in the medical field is extremely brave in my eyes.

2. Slytherin is Business

As a business major I am not ashamed to make this connection. Let me start with saying that Slytherin are NOT just evil people. Although Slytherins are mostly out for individual success they still have the backs of those in their groups and are therefore willing to defend their own when necessary. Business majors, like Slytherin, are out to do their personal best and will fight to ensure they come out on top and well respected by all.

3. Hufflepuff is Nursing

What the hell is a Hufflepuff? Well, Hufflepuffs tend to care a lot about other people and are very practical. These are ideal characteristics in nurses so it just makes sense to sort the as such. Hufflepuffs make up the house of general human decency and kindness: they are thoughtful, kind, and caring.

4. Ravenclaw is Engineering

A love of learning and a great curiosity make a Ravenclaw who they are. A key characteristic of engineers is their ability to apply problem solving skills and grow their knowledge base in doing so. Ravenclaw is the House of wit, wisdom, and learning. Although not just school smart, but just having a general passion for knowledge of some kind, an open mind, and a desire to achieve.

The sorting hat has spoken and believes that all personalities that make up these majors have been noted and put into the House of best fit. It may be hard to see yourself fitting into one House if you have always imagined being in another so if you are still curious about your rightful Hogwarts house, take a few quizzes online. I have always wished I was practicing potions or shouting spells, but I have grown to love my muggle home at Pitt.