Every College Major Has At Least 1 Stereotype That Is 100% True, Here’s Yours

Time to spill a little tea.

31990
@legallyblondemovies

Ah, your college major--the thing that apparently tells everything about you. Innumerable articles exist talking about just what every major is like, and it is sure to cause plenty of contention. However, stereotypes about college majors don't come out of nowhere--every college major has one that's at least mostly accurate, and here's yours.

Business

You probably did it because of the career stability, and you either know exactly what you're gonna do with it or have no idea what you're gonna do with it.

Health Sciences

You wanna help people be healthy but you're living on coffee and anxiety. Health is important for everyone, except you.

Psychology

You learn to understand or help out things that are wrong with the brain because you want to or can't understand or help things that are wrong with yours. (And yes, I'm a psychology major. It's true for me too.) You're also ready to fight anyone who doesn't believe that psychology is a science.

History

You have at least one obscure topic that you will rant about for all eternity and maybe longer and you have lots of feelings about it. Your friends are probably tired of hearing about it. You don't care. Seventh rant on the influence of Japanese propaganda on the Sino-Japanese war? No matter, it's important!

English

You either worship the ground Shakespeare walked on or believe he is an overrated twink. You also probably have infinite short stories or essays published somewhere on the Internet but not published conventionally and that lowkey haunts you.

Journalism

You are a hipster and probably have a Tumblr/Instagram devoted just to aesthetic photos. Catch you in a cafe with a chai tea working on the latest hard-hitting article. You likely own at least one pair of high-topped Converse.

Japanese

Listen, if you're not into anime or manga by now you will have one anime or manga that you have a lot of feelings about by the time you graduate. It's just the rules.

Other Foreign Languages

You're worldly and cultured. And probably know a ton about one culture and not a ton about any of the others.

Computer Science

You're in this for the money and because the more you learn about computers, the better you can play the newest PC games. You probably have a shortcut to Steam on your home screen and are an active/wannabe/former member of the school's gaming club.

Any "Hard Science" (Physics, Chem, Bio, etc.)

You question your choice of major. A lot. You envy the days when you have free time and if you're inclined toward caffeine you have lots of those pour-a-five-hour-energy-into-your-double-shot-espresso kind of days. But a little bit of you enjoys the pain and turmoil.

Political Science

You live to argue. You stand hardcore by your political beliefs and have a manila folder of sources, color-coded, to defend them. You're probably also a lowkey hipster.

Expressive Arts (Media Arts, Dance, Art, etc.)

The quickest way to annoy you is to have someone ask what you're going to do with your degree. You also live for the fact that you had to take a grand total of one math class in your college career.

Education

You have STRONG feelings about funding for teachers. You already have a Pinterest board dedicated to your future classroom and fantasize about your future a little bit too much.

Anthropology

You're kind of a cryptid. Since everyone takes intro to anthro classes, people don't know if they've seen an actual anthro major but they're there. We think. You know that you want to be an anthropology major but not much else. No one should ask you about bones or culture unless they want a hour long rant.

But no matter what your major is, you all do wonderful things, stereotypes aside! We all make the world amazing!