For You, College Might Not Be 'All That' And That's OK
Education

For you, College Might Not Be 'All That' And That's OK

You don't need college to survive.

409
Mike Tewkesbury

I am so sick and tired of people saying, "You won't amount to anything if you don't go to college." Well, guess what? College isn't for everyone.

I know I can't be the only one that is sick and tired of being lectured about not going to college! Well, college isn't for everyone especially if you could barely make it through high school!

I always hear, "But it will be worth it in the end." Well, yeah, maybe it would be worth it in the end, but I am doing just fine without college.

College is not meant for everyone, some people get out of high school and just start working! Most people don't want to be $70,000+ in debt after they are done with schooling!

Yes, I understand that you might not be able to get the exact job you want after school if you don't go to college, but as long as you get a job that works for you and gets the bills paid, I don't see the issue here. Can someone please explain this to me?

No, I don't care if you think I won't go anywhere in life without going to college. It's my life and I'll live it how I please! So don't even bother trying to tell me how to live it or tell me that I need to go to college because I don't, I am doing just fine without it!

Yes, all my friends go to college and what not, but that's their choice - college is not for me! I'm sorry if you think that I won't amount to anything without it, but it's not going to change my mind at all! I am completely supportive of my friends going to college and they support my choice not to go to college, and not once have they tried to tell me, "You won't be worth anything if you don't go to college."

Why, might you ask? Well, I'll tell you why; because I have a very supportive group of friends and they don't try and tear me down just because I don't go to college and I don't tell them they are wasting their time by going to college! We all know it's our choices and just do what we need to do!

With all this being said, you don't have to go to college to be worth something in this world! Also, get yourselves awesome supportive friends like mine!