7 Healthy Habits To Have In College

7 Healthy Habits To Have In College

Here are just a few tips to have a healthy and happy week.

18
7 Healthy Habits To Have In College
Sydney MacMann

Habits can either make or break you, so might as well start good ones.

Make your bed every day.

I know sometimes it is hard when you are constantly running and busy, but I am telling you it is so much nicer to come home to a cute, well made bed than a messy one with your comforter on the ground and pillows everywhere!

Do not let yourself skip class.

Unless you are sick, try your best to go to class! If you do it once, you will probably do it again. We are here to learn, so try your best to learn!

Try to spread joy.

Try to smile to as many people as you can. Hold the door open for the person behind you. If someone is sitting alone, go talk to them. Build relationships! This not only brightens someone else's day, but it will also warm your heart.

Take a break when you need it.

I am so guilty of over doing it. Remind yourself that it is okay to take a little break sometimes.

Do not take too many breaks.

There is certainly a healthy balance between productivity and relaxation. While you should definitely take a break every now and then, that paper is not going to write itself and you are not going to make an A on that test without studying. Do not forget why you are at college!

Stay organized.

If you do not have a planner or calendar with all of your events and due dates on it, it is not too late to get one! Another trick I recommend is implementing sticky notes. I hang a sticky note by my desk, one for each day of the week. I write down everything I need to do that day and it really keeps me on track. Doing this also makes your day seem a little more manageable because you know exactly what needs to be done.

Have everything ready for your day the night before.

If you know you have to be up early, might as well have your clothes laid out and your book bag packed and ready to go. Not only will your morning go more smoothly, you will also have some leeway in case you wake up a little late!

I promise these habits will make your day just a little easier and brighter. College is hard enough, so you should definitely do everything you can to make it more manageable. Find what habits work for you and implement them everyday.