College guys...don't fall too hard for them

Disclaimer: not all guys are like this at all, this has just been my experience.

9

College is a time of new experiences and tons of new people. With lots of new people come feelings and emotions and I can tell you right now, as incoming freshmen don't cath the feels too quick because the idea of a real relationship doesn't generally cross a guys mind the first semester of college. As an incoming freshman, it can be overwhelming seeing tons of people and meeting new people. Ladies, let me tell you... don't fall too hard for a guy first semester of freshmen year. From my personal experience, it doesn't end very well.

Most guys (not all) are just here for one thing and one thing only… a hookup. Now I'm not saying hookup culture is bad in fact some people thrive in that type of culture, but it can be very difficult If you are one to get attached too easily. Most times, people believe that in college, a guy may become more mature since they are in college, but truth be told…they are even more immature. Guys are just trying to have fun and enjoy new experiences. In college everyone, regardless of gender, is always a little crazy with this newfound freedom and a college guy doesn't want to get tied down to a single girl at least at the beginning of their college career.

This has been something I've learned in college the hard way. Through much heartbreak and sadness, I've learned a lot about how guys act. At the beginning of freshman year, I thought that I needed to have a guy to have fun, but the truth is a guy isn't all a college girl needs. In fact, a college girl needs her friends to help make the transition to college easier. Again, I'm not saying that all guys are bad and that it's a horrible thing to be in a relationship right away in college, but for me and for many others it is definitely hard.

Just a warning for everyone heading to college soon, don't jump on every single guy that gives you even the slightest bit of attention and be sure to give yourself some love. Nobody can love you quite like yourself especially this early on in college. Guys are confusing and don't want to settle for just one girl so please remember that. Try not to let yourself fall for too many guys that'll leave your heartbroken. Enjoy college and keep your mind open. Maybe you will find the perfect guy right away but maybe you won't, just don't be too hard on yourself and don't let anyone define your worth…especially a guy.