5 Tips For Recent College Graduates

5 Tips For Recent College Graduates

We are officially at the mid-point of the spring semester.

62
https://unsplash.com/photos/MPOZj78XqTk

Spring break is a week away, and it is time to relax and enjoy your time off. But for most college seniors, the pressure of finding a job is slightly increasing as the days go by. With less than two months till graduation, most college seniors are stressing out about finding a job or internship. Finding a job straight of college can be a bit intimidating and stressful, and sometimes impossible especially because most employers require at least two years of experience. It is important to keep in mind that it is ok if you don't land a job right after graduation.

Here are some steps one can follow to get them through the change.

Make connections.

One of the most important things one can do to get to where they want to be in life is making connections and building relationships with everyone they come across. Whether you are out having a couple of drinks with friends or at a business dinner, try to put yourself out there and introduce yourself to people. You never know what opportunities that individual or individuals can provide you with or who they will introduce you to. Especially if someone is older, keep reminding yourself that they have been in your position, and most if not all, individuals are willing to help.

Make yourself presentable.

You only get one first impression, so make it a good one. The last thing you want is for someone to not hire you just because you were having a bad day the day you met them. Learn how to carry yourself. When it comes to how you dress, I have been repeatedly told that it is important for the job that I wish for.

Keep a good attitude. 

While it may be hard to stay positive after applying to over 100 companies and not being able to find anything, keeping a positive attitude and sending out positive vibes can really affect how you come across to others. Remind yourself that you are ready and educated and you are just waiting for the best opportunity to present itself. What is yours, no one can take it from you.

Apply everywhere, even though the company may not be hiring.

Send your resume and cover letter to any company whether or not they are hiring. If they are hiring great, and if not they already have your resume for when they are looking for someone. Some companies look through resumes that have already been sent to them before they announce that they are hiring.

Make use of your free time.

Instead of sitting at home every day watching Netflix, make use of your time. Go out into the world and investigate how and what you can improve to land the job of your dreams. Don't just wait for someone to call you back.