5 Reasons Fall Break Is A Death Trap For Every College Student

Suddenly, we have a long weekend and we feel invincible.
1154

Fall break is perhaps the most dangerous time during the first semester of the school year.

Prior to going home or enjoying the break at school, everyone is fairly adapted to their schedules. We know when we need to get our work done by and we can generally time manage so that there is still time to hang out with our friends and enjoy the still-warm weather.

Once break comes around is when everything hits the fan, though. Suddenly, we have a long weekend and we feel invincible.

We begin to think that we do not need to do all of the things that were important to us before break:

1. Studying? What’s studying?

Midterms always coincide with fall break, which is a problem in itself. Whoever came up with the idea that college students should get a long weekend before their first significant exams was a twisted individual.

2. Sleep is for the weak.

Fall break completely messes up our sleep patterns. Before break, I was regularly waking up between 8:30 and 9:30 a.m. daily so that I would build up a tolerance. Then, break arrived and I slept most days until 11 a.m. Now, I’m a shell of the productive person that I was before break.

3. New diet, who ‘dis?

Before break, we were more compelled to try and eat healthy. Then, we either went home and crammed all of our favorite meals into the span of a weekend or our dining hall was closed, so take-out became the norm. Trying to revert back to that healthy lifestyle that we are “convinced” that we once had will not be so easy.

4. Why do today what you can put off until tomorrow?

That planner we bought before the school year began? It’s probably sitting at home with last year’s notebooks. All of a sudden, our weekends are not spend being proactive for the week, but going out to eat with friends and considering watching scary movies rather than working.

5. Did our professors always act like “extras” from “Ferris Bueller”?

We all swear that we weren’t as bored before break as we are now while in class. Suddenly, sitting through a two and a half hour turbo and paying attention is a fate worse than failing.