College Expectations Vs. Realities As Told By Parks And Recreation Gifs

Textbooks or Starbucks? Priorities...

17
eonline.com

Living on your own for the first time can seem daunting at first. I mean, you have to do your own laundry (and pay for it, too), buy your own food, get your work done without being badgered to do so, and balance your time to fit all of your activities in. College is definitely a learning experience for living on your own in the future, but we still get super lazy sometimes. College students, in my opinion, are some of the most creative people on the planet. You'd be surprised to see some of the ridiculous things people have come up with to facilitate their laziness, and I have compiled a list of the different areas in which they use their creative magic.

1. Style

Expectation: Wearing your newest and cutest clothes whenever possible, allowing maybe one day of sweatpants on the weekends when you're tired from your night of *studying*.

Reality: You have not done laundry in over a week. You have run out of clothes. Suddenly, that shirt with the reindeer on it is acceptable spring fashion. This happens every day for another week until you find enough money on the sidewalk or on the ground at Station to pay for your sad load of laundry.

2. Studying

Expectation: There is no such thing as a day off. There are exams every week and you need to stay on top of them. Hitting up Starbucks every night is a must because you are on your way to Dean's List glory.

Reality: I like wine.

3. Getting work done

Expectation: Step 1: Check Blackboard, Step 2: Get work done long before it is due.

Reality: Wow, my closet is not organized by color. I'm such a pig. This needs to be fixed RIGHT NOW. YES, IT MATTERS.

4. Going to the gym

Expectation: You're going to the gym every day! No exceptions! By the end of the semester, you're going to look like a million bucks and you'll be able to lift a car, you sexy superstar!

Reality: "Netflix and chill?"

5. Organization

Expectation: Your room is going to be ridiculously organized and you're going to feel so accomplished when everything is put in its place the way it's supposed to be.

Reality: Your Keurig takes up the better 2/3 of your desk space and you wouldn't have it any other way.

6. Budgeting

Expectation: YOU WILL NOT SPEND MONEY ON FOOD. YOU WILL SPEND MONEY ON WHAT YOU NEED.

Reality: You just debated whether or not you should buy your required textbooks because you didn't want to spend money unnecessarily, but then you got Starbucks twice in one day (if you're wondering whether or not I actually did this very thing, I'm didn't...actually yes, yes I did).

7. Dieting

Expectation: Fried foods and carbs are not good for you and you avoid them at all costs (see: Going to the gym).

Reality: "I'll be right back, I'm getting Chick Fil A!"