What It's Like Going From College Dorm To Grown-Up Apartment

10 Thoughts Everyone Has When They Graduate From A College Dorm To A Grown-Up Apartment

Below are some thoughts that certainly cross your mind at some point when you finally move into a college apartment.

724

C'mon people, let's face it: Living in the cramped, dirty dorms during your freshman year of college is almost inevitable, and it's basically a right of passage. But you have to admit, sometimes you just get plain sick of it. Have no fear, I'm here to tell you that the living situation gets so much better once you make it past freshman year. No more cramped rooms, paper thin walls, cafeteria food, or gross showers...

Living in an apartment as an upperclassman is a total 180, and you start to feel like an actual adult once you start functioning in that setting.

1. "Oh my god, MY OWN ROOM???"

No more sleeping 36 inches away from your roommate; you actually get your own space!!!

2. "AND A KITCHEN???? WITH A SINK???"

No more washing your dishes in your dorm sink. Welcome to the big leagues baby.

3. "I can't wait to decorate the apartment..."

May your Pinterest board be perfect and your Target cart be packed.

4. "No more communal bathrooms, this is the best day of my life."

Yes, you actually get a FULL bathroom with a FULL-SIZED shower and a door that SHUTS/LOCKS!!!!

5. "So many more people fit in an apartment!!!"

Dorms can fit a max of 3 people and maybe your little brother if he squats, but apartments can comfortably seat your entire philosophy class.

6. "Ok, this is kinda expensive."

Now you have to pay rent and utilities and groceries and maintenance fees, boo.

7. "Ok, this is REALLY expensive."

How am I supposed to pay for all of this ON TOP OF TUITION???

8. "Oh my god, this is expensive and I don't even get a meal plan???"

WTF I want my Paw Points and Meal Swipes back #RIP459

9. "Budgeting is hard..."

To put it into perspective, I'm living off of $19 until the October 1st.

10. "Our home is so cute, I love it here!!!"

Martha Stewart and Joanna Gaines are QUAKING. You and your roommates have made your apartment a home, and you love spending time together chilling and making food and watching movies.