College Courses You Wish Existed

College Courses You Wish Existed

All of the things we actually want to know.

181
College Courses You Wish Existed
The Organized Student

College is a place where you can take a class on almost any subject imaginable. With the wide variety of options, it seems as though there is no limit to what you can learn. Of course, there are the infamous core requirements that are extremely dry and boring, and make you wonder why you even bothered to come to class. Maybe these classes would be more interesting if they were applicable to your everyday life.

If you've ever thought the same thing, look no further! Here, I've taken a few of the courses that universities typically offer and changed improved them to address what the students actually need and want to know.

General Psychology: Breaking Down What They Meant By That Text

Significant others, best friends, that hookup from the party last weekend-- we've gotten some confusing texts from any combination of these people. In a class focused around group projects to simulate your real-life group chat, you will learn to figure out the motives behind these cryptic texts. "Down In The DM" is played to begin each class.

Natural Hazards And Disasters: Frat Basements

Dark, damp, and disgusting, the infamous basements of frat houses are unforgettable, in both good and bad ways. Do hands-on research on how a floor could possibly be so sticky and exactly how jungle juice is made, although studies so far are inconclusive. Learn how to navigate the scene and make it out alive, so you can make it back the next weekend. Or the next night. We don't judge.

Intro To Film: Netflix And Chill 101

Learn what to expect, and how to prepare for it. You're welcome.

Research Methods: Facebook Stalking

This course covers the essential practice of finding information about anyone via the internet. Recommended for Recruitment Chairs, jealous exes, and anyone who wants to know more about whose selfie he just liked. The spectrum of this course has recently expanded to include the most appropriate practices for Instagram stalking. Taken as a prerequisite to "Crisis Communication And Public Information: What To Do When You Accidentally Double-Tap."

Crisis Communication And Public Information: What To Do When You Accidentally Double-Tap

It happens. You are unexplainably deep in their feed, your thumb slips, and the unspeakable occurs. Learn how to cope with this trauma and develop a personalized, step-by-step recovery guide.

Chemistry Of Life: Alcohol, A Necessary Compound

If you are one of the many who have waited until college to learn the art and science of alcohol consumption, this is the course for you. Skills covered will include chasing, mixing, and more.

Contemporary Photography: Taking The Perfect Instagram

How do some people get 100+ likes on every post? This class answers this question, so you can rise to Instagram fame. Learn all about creative angles, good lighting, choosing the best filters, and coming up with a witty caption. Techniques for VSCO, InstaSize, and Boomerang will also be discussed.

Personal Finance: How To Not Go Broke By Finals

This course will teach you how to go as long as possible before needing to call home to ask for money. By the end of the semester, you will learn to budget the cash you have between coffee, going out on the weekends, and pizza.

Intro To Management: How To Keep Your Life From Falling Apart

How many times have you claimed "My life is literally falling apart" since you've been in college? We've all been there, and this course is designed to teach you how to maintain relative sanity in the mess of it all.

May the curve be with you.