College Is Better Than High School.  Boom Roasted.
Education

Because it's the truth.

105

College. A time of opportunites and new beginnings for a growing adult. It is a chance to learn new lessons, make new friends, and develop fulfilling relationships with professors. The four years you spend in college will prepare you for life outside school. Sure, there are small similarities between hgh school and college, but for the most part, college is better. As a college student myself, I may be biased. But, there is concrete data to back up my claim. We all know college is way better than high school. So, here is a list to prove it.

1) You control what classes you get to take in college!

I cannot emphasize this point any more. If you choose the classes you are interested in, you will do well in your studies!

2) There are so many more experiences

From campus groups to internships, there is so much offered in such a tiny period of four years. Choose several things to give your full effort towards instead of spreading yourself too thin.

3) New people!

Colleges are filled with students your age from all over the world, don't lose the chance to make new friends because you were fake texting on your phone to avoid conversation.

4) You are responsible for yourself.

Yep, time to do your own laundry if you haven't done so already. Lesson 1: Reds and whites don't mix.

5) No more drama!

Ugh. Drama. It was horrible in middle school and high school, but now people are more mature. If you encounter more drama than necessary in college, it would be smart to do some assessing and find out what the problem is so you can solve the issue.

6) Study Abroad Options

If your college offers study abroad options, the entire world is literally at your fingertips.

7) Independence

When you live without your parents in a dorm, you gain a lot of autonomy. Stay safe friends, but also enjoy life the way it was meant to be enjoyed.

8) Less judgement

In college, different opinions enrichen the conversation, so it's totally cool to have your own thoughts on current events.

9) Eat whatever you want in the dining halls.

I personally am a fan of the "breakfast all day" attitude.

10) There is no "popular crowd."

No need to do stuff that makes you unhappy. You don't have to prove to anyone how cool you are. If they don't realize that and make you feel less than yourself, then swerve on out of there.

11) You can choose your professors when scheduling.

Unlike high school, you have the chance to choose what professor you want. Choose wisely, young grasshopper and research ratings on www.ratemyprofessors.com. You won't regret it.

12) Free stuff

Food, pens, clothing, pins, you name it, a college student will grab it. HBOGo, Kanopy, and other apps can be offered by your University as well!

13) Basically a sleepover every night

It's not the typical middle school sleepover because students are older than that. But, if you are friends with the people in your hall, you can stay up really late talking or playing cards. This bond you create is probably one of the best things about living on campus.

14) Coffee is EVERYWHERE.

They know they steal your sleep when assigning that 10,000 page paper. Conveniently enough, there are coffee shops located everywhere on campus. Is there a conspiracy going on between the University and Coffee Retailers? I think so.

15) You can wear whatever you want to class.

Feeling fancy? Wear the dress or tie without worrying about judgement. Feeling tired? Grab those sweatpants.

16) Sports!

I have so much love for attending the sporting events because of the amazing student section! There is nothing better than cheering on your school with your fellow students.

17) You don't have to wake up early if you schedule right.

Find a schedule that works for you and go with it.

18) You meet some of the best friends of your life.