Indie Pop Band, COIN Leaves Minneapolis "Feeling" Complete

"Welcome Home" was the theme of the night as Tennessee's indie pop band; COIN took over the Fine Line Music Cafe in Minneapolis, Minnesota.

144
Corbyn Jenkins

"Welcome Home." That was the theme of the night as Tennessee's indie pop band; COIN took over the Fine Line Music Cafe in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Those two words were plastered on the opening screen as the group took the stage. If you have ever REALLY loved a band, you know just how at home you feel once you are in the same room as them. Nothing else matters, just the band, the music, and you. And that is how the many COIN fans packed inside the Fine Line on Sunday night felt.

The Aces, an all-female indie pop band from Utah, opened the show at the Fine Line with a bang. The crowd got wild as soon as the four stepped on stage. Underneath a stream of colorful lights, The Aces played tracks off their 2017 EP; I Don't Like Being Honest as well as tracks off of their upcoming new album titled When My Heart Felt Volcanic. A few of the tracks were just recently released as singles. The full-length studio album is expected to be released on April 6, 2018.

A stand-out moment from their set was the performance of their track titled, "Fake Nice." The tune currently has over 665,000 streams on Spotify. When the band began playing the track a girl in the crowd screamed, "Yes! This is a banger!" And she wasn't wrong. Another highlight was, of course, the performance of the band's hit track, "Stuck" which currently has over 5 million streams on Spotify. "Love! Love! Love!" screamed somebody in the crowd as the song began.

Soon after The Aces finished up, the lights dimmed, "Welcome Home" flashed on the screen, and COIN took the stage with their new single, "Growing Pains." Being that it was released only a little over two weeks ago, it was shocking how almost everybody in the venue knew every single word. It was definitely the perfect track to start the night off with.

Following was a few of the band's better-known tracks including, "Boyfriend" and "I Don't Wanna Dance" and as you could guess, the crowd went crazy. The band then performed, "Time Machine" from their 2015 self-titled debut album and the die-hard fans in the front row screamed along to the lyrics.

After performing, "Are We Alone?" the band played, "Hannah," "Run," and "Don't Cry, 2020" which were highlights of the night. My feet still hurt from jumping around so much!

Next was "I Would" and due to its soft opening, allowed for the crowd's singing to be heard over the instruments. Listening to so many people sing the opening lyrics of the song gave me chills.

A very special part of the night was during, "Heart Eyes" when the crowd held up little paper hearts that were cut and handed out by an adorable fan named Grace (@StoneCoidFeelin). Grace cut out over 700 hearts to make this moment possible, and it was so worth it. Seeing lead singer, Chase Lawrence's face when all of the hearts appeared before him and Grace handed him flowers was priceless. His smile went from ear to ear and it was all because of Grace's hard work and the immense love that she has for the band.

Chase then talked about how thankful he is to be playing in Minneapolis, how much he loves the fans, and how happy he is with the release of the band's new music. To follow, the band played an unreleased song titled, "Youuu" which I am sure everybody in the crowd is now patiently waiting to be officially released so that it can be listened to on repeat.

"Miranda Beach" and "Malibu 1992" were next which like almost every other track earned a great reaction from the crowd.

"Minneapolis are you with us? Minneapolis are you still with us? Let's go!" screamed Chase as the night began to come to a close with the final three songs. First was, "Talk Too Much" which as you could expect was the most popular song of the night as it has over 37 million streams on Spotify. Following was "Fingers Crossed" from the band's 2015 debut album and closing the show was "Feeling" which got the crowd hyped and was the perfect song to end with.

Overall, COIN puts on one heck of a show! From the moment the band took the stage the room was full of so much energy, passion, and love for music. If you ever get the chance to attend a COIN show, you should do so. You will not be disappointed. You can buy tickets here.

Setlist: Growing Pains // Boyfriend // I Don't Wanna Dance // Time Machine // Are We Alone? // Hannah // Run // Don't Cry, 2020 // I Would // Heart Eyes // Youuu // Miranda Beach // Malibu 1992 // Talk Too Much // Fingers Crossed // Feeling